• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine Detail - Sante Fe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Detail - Sante Fe

My mothers engine bay needed a good shining up..it wasnt dirty, just had that plain old plastic look that i find rather ugly..thought i would treat her to APC+ and HD

Here it is...Sorry for the poor quality pictures, still working on getting a new camera

APC+ 10:1
    HD 2:1

Before

Hyper Dressing Applied, left to sit and dry

Almost There....

Final Result

Note the glossiness HD leaves on all rubber and plastic

Addicted

Re: Engine Detail - Sante Fe

Nice work, the engine looks fantastic. Everything is very nicely cleaned and dressed. Seems you have been getting great sucess with the Detailer Line products, especially the soaps and dressings.

Heres a tip, after spraying the engine down with Hyperdressing, take a microfiber, cotton or terry towel and soak it in Hyperdressing, then use it to wipe down where you sprayed and it will help to even out the dressing.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
      Nice work, the engine looks fantastic. Everything is very nicely cleaned and dressed. Seems you have been getting great sucess with the Detailer Line products, especially the soaps and dressings.

Heres a tip, after spraying the engine down with Hyperdressing, take a microfiber, cotton or terry towel and soak it in Hyperdressing, then use it to wipe down where you sprayed and it will help to even out the dressing.
      Thanks Nick, i have had a lot of success with the detailer line products, they tend to be my favorite..my last to try is D180 Leather Cleaner/Conditioner, which im anxious to try because i've heard it leaves the leather very glossy which is what i want for my personal car. anyway thats on its way to my door in a week..

Thats a good tip with the microfiber, however hyper dressing is a bit expensive, actually i think its the most expensive detailer line product, so i want to save it as much as i can...what i do is after cleaning, i blow dry the water with a leaf blower...then apply hyper dressing, and i start the engine, close the hood, and hyper dressing dries very quickly to clean slick dressing.
      Addicted

Comment

Looks very good.
        That is a great tip, Nick.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by speed3blackmica View Post
          ...Thats a good tip with the microfiber, however hyper dressing is a bit expensive, actually i think its the most expensive detailer line product, so i want to save it as much as i can...

After soaking the microfiber and using it the way Nick explained, put it in a ziplock bag for the next time. That way you won't have to waste the product by washing out your Hyperdressing-soaked microfiber.

I do this with some of my dedicated applicators for different products - tire applicator for All Season Dressing, applicator for use with M40, applicator for use with leather conditioner, etc. No need to wash them out and waste product if I'm going to use it again.

Colin
          A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
            After soaking the microfiber and using it the way Nick explained, put it in a ziplock bag for the next time. That way you won't have to waste the product by washing out your Hyperdressing-soaked microfiber.

I do this with some of my dedicated applicators for different products - tire applicator for All Season Dressing, applicator for use with M40, applicator for use with leather conditioner, etc. No need to wash them out and waste product if I'm going to use it again.

Colin

Thanks Colin, thats another great tip...i never really even thought about that.i never really have the problem though with hyper dressing not spreading out evenly, but if i ever do, since all engine bay parts are shaped differently, ill use this tip
            Addicted

Comment

took one more pic today during better daylight..by the way this is 5 days after so this just goes to show that the heat that builds up under the hood doesnt affect the durabilty of hyper dressing

Addicted

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');