• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailing Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing Stand

Hi:

A fold-up stand that could be set up were you are working.

When I am out in the drive way working on my vehicle I always need a place to put things; spray bottles, product, towels, G-100, etc. As well as a place to set things down when I am not using it. It would also be handy as a small work area to change pads, etc.

A small fold-up work stand with a flat top and a place for plastic organizer boxes below would be very nice. It should be modular so it will be easy to move and set up.

One plastic box should have nests to hold the detailer line spray bottles, so they will not tip over. Other boxes could be designed to hold bottles of product, towels, pads and other detailing tools.

When you need to set the G-100 down for a few minutes it could be placed on the flat top surface.

You could have the plastic boxes stored inside with the items in them. Move the stand and boxes outside to your vehicle and start work.

Should also have a place for the Meguiar's name on the side.

Regards,

KTruck
    Last edited by KTruck; Dec 8, 2004, 07:48 AM.
    Make it Shine

Agreed! I was looking at using a metal tool cart for this but I didn't like the idea of wheeling the metal cart around my car. I did find some plastic ones on the internet (Rubbermaid) but they aren't cheap!

Comment

Hi:

It would be a one time expense, so I would be willing to purchase at a reasonable cost. If it was modular you could also purchase the frame and boxes separately, this would allow you to save some money and get the storage boxes you need.

I agree with you about the wheels. A stand without any wheels would be the safest. Anyting with wheels could roll into your vehicle.

Regards,

KTruck
      Last edited by KTruck; Dec 8, 2004, 08:31 AM.
      Make it Shine

Comment

Originally posted by KTruck
        Hi:

It would be a one time expense, so I would be willing to purchase at a reasonable cost. If it was modular you could also purchase the frame and boxes separately, this would allow you to save some money and get the storage boxes you need.

I agree with you about the wheels. A stand without any wheels would be the safest. Anyting with wheels could roll into your vehicle.

Regards,

KTruck
        How about this... one end with wheels the other with small stands. lift the end up with the stands and the wheels will allow to roll around when loaded with products yet not roll in to a vehicle.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Hi gb387:

How about this... one end with wheels the other with small stands. lift the end up with the stands and the wheels will allow to roll around when loaded with products yet not roll in to a vehicle.

That is a great idea. If designed properly you could have an optional wheel kit for one end. That would allow you to move it with ease.

With a good modular design you could really have any type of stand that would fit your needs. Just add the pieces to it that you want.

Hope Meguiar's will do some thing with this.

Regards,

KTruck
          Make it Shine

Comment

Four wheels/casters with locks on two of the wheels would be ideal. Most rolling tool boxes are set up like this...

Comment

I just saw this advertised in the recent Lowe's ad. Might just fit the bill for some folks. It is made by Stanley - they call it a 24 Gallon Mobile Job Chest.
              Attached Files
              "A clean car makes for a happy driver!"

Comment

i like that stanley thing, but i also like the meguiars $34 bag w/ wheels and bucket - ....it's all about convenience!

2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

I was actually thinking about going with something like this....

-First Item on the page-

Utility Cart

Comment

that's really cool,

but it's not all that mobile - meaning you can't bring it with you to shows or to other peoples houses...but it's definately something cool - and if you can arrange to hang things on the side that would be HOT
                    2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

KTruck, man I like this idea.

To expand on your idea a little...

There could be plastic doors to enclose the shelves inside and one compartment just for Micro Fiber wipes.

One side could hold a bucket with the MF shelf above and the other side could have roll out shelves for all the detailing products.

The top surface, or the handle, could have some sort of indent to rest or hang your polisher so that it doesn't flip over, getting the pad contaminated.

And a "drawer" at the bottom could hold the polisher, pads and extension cords.

Make it black with Meguiar's burgundy accents and gold "Mequiar's" on the side.
                      Last edited by wblynch; Dec 9, 2004, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Just to chime in,

I too would like a cart specifically geared for holding tools and products when detailing cars. I'll forward this to a friend at work who might be able to find something.

Currently, when I'm detailing one of my own cars, I have two cars that I use. One Lynn purchased me at Target, (I think), that primarily I use to hold wax applicator pads, microfiber polishing cloths and microfiber bonnets. The plastic drawers are enclosed in the car so this keep them clean and free from dust and other particulates so that I don't have to worry when I grab one to apply product or remove product from paint. Because it has a flat top on it and wheels, I often push it around the car as I'm working on it, or at least have it near. It was rather inexpensive too.

I like antiques, and while I don't know if the below car qualifies as an antique, it is old, made of steel and rather sturdy. Lynn's Uncle gave it to me knowing I could put it to good use. I really like this one and use it all the time.

Mike
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I've gone through a whole series of detail carts myself and found the bulk of them to be either incomplete design-wise, of poor durability or lacking in storage area. Still have them in my storage room with broken handles and shelves, crushed coasters.. the works!
                          So what I did was to get a friend who has a steel manufacturing facility to custom build one for me. This one's very solid, even had it powdercoated and has been with me ever since!
                          Don't have the time to detail my detail cart like hotrodguy's amazing toolbox though

Here's a look:
                          We don't have the labelled spray dispenser bottles from the new detailer line over here in Malaysia so I had to buy some plain white ones and custom label them myself!

It's depth can hold 4 gallon-size bottles nicely!

Pads & painter's tape storage...

Cheers!
                          "Detailing is as much an art as it is a science"
                          www.autodetailer.co

Comment

Re: Detailing Stand

Those carts (mine's from Rubbermaid) are great. They're plastic, hold lots of stuff and spray bottles hang from the top shelf.
                            Anything worth doing is worth doing right.

Comment

Re: Detailing Stand

I have a small, fold up aluminum table (about 1.5' or 2' square) and is very light and very portable. They had them at Wal-Mart. I take it out with me to wash. Holds bottles, G100, pads, and towels

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');