• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Megs sale anything similar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Megs sale anything similar?

I wondering if Megs sold anyting similar to the Mothers 3-Step system and if so what would it be? Here is the Mothers system https://store.mothers.com/product_in...id=44&cPath=13

Re: Does Megs sale anything similar?

Yes, certainly. And a lot more options as well.

The basics would be:

1. SwirlX
    2. Deep Crystal Polish
    3. Lots of wax choices, but Nxt 2.0 is a good start.

What are you working on? Many defects to fix, etc?

If you are looking to give a full detail, you also may want to use the Smooth Surface Clay kit after washing and before SwirlX.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hi Rherring16,

I removed your double post. Thanks for understanding. Like Murr said, is there any particular issues you would like to take care of or is this just for maintenance detailing?

Andy
      Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
      Andy M. Moderator

Comment

For regular maintenance of your daily driver, check out this article: Your Daily Driver: A Simple Wash & Wax Regimen.
        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

Its just for simple maintenance...I have a 07 TC and I want to keep it looking good as I am in college and I am planning on driving it until it practically dies. I have never used any cleaner or clay kit I just simply wax,the paint appears to be in good condition. Should I try claying or cleaning to rid contaminants I cannot see? Thanks for the all the posts.

Comment

After you wash your car, gently wipe your hand over the paint surface. Do you feel bumps or roughness? If you do, then you should clay your car. Take a look at this video:

Have fun.
            Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
            --Al Kimel

Comment

If you want to keep it most simple, and dont have any defects to worry about now, then a good thing would be:

1. Wash
              2. Clay
              3. ColorX
              4. Wax - Nxt 2.0
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by rherring16 View Post
                Its just for simple maintenance...I have never used any cleaner or clay kit I just simply wax,the paint appears to be in good condition. Should I try claying or cleaning to rid contaminants I cannot see?
                Building on what Murr1525 said, you can keep it simple but still be thorough:
                1) Weekly: Wash (preferrably 2-bucket method, certainly with grit guard)
                1a) Weekly: After wash spray+wipe Ultra-Quick-Wax to boost the existing wax
                2) 2-4 times per year: clay (be sure to use lots of lubricant so it slides easily)
                3) 2-4 times per year: cleaner (DeepCrystal#1 cleaner or SwirlX, or ColorX)
                3a) if you use DC1 cleaner (only), follow it with DC2 Glaze (or M07 show glaze)
                4) Monthly: 2 coats Wax (Gold Class carnuba for red or dark cars, NXT-2.0 for white or light).

Basically the clay+cleaner is to do a consumer (quick and simple) detailing, at least every spring and fall. Both SwirlX and ColorX contain glaze (saving a step) as well as being a cleaner (and ColorX also contains wax).

Both GC and NXT are great waxes. The GC carnuba can help give a slightly deeper look to red or dark cars, the NXT synthetic can help give an ultra glassy+reflective look to white or light cars, chose what looks best to you.

If you want to keep it really simple, combine #3 #4 by just using ColorX which has cleaner+polish+wax (3 steps in 1). Then the only "Extra" step every spring and fall is to clay the car. The "right" answer for you depends on how much loving time and effort you want to spend.
                2010 XRS

Comment

YES Re: Does Megs sell anything similar? (3-step product)

Also, since you mentioned Mothers brand, be aware that many (most) brands use slightly different terminology. For example, Mothers uses "Polish" to refer to cleaning and repairing the paint surface, while Meguiars uses "Cleaning" or "Repairing" for that. I am not saying either is right or wrong, just different (and different again with other brands).

The very closest match for the Mothers 3-step products is the Meguiars consumer DeepCrystal 3-step products
                  1) DC1 paint cleaner (discontinued in USA and replaced by SwirlX, but still available in many other countries)
                  2) DC2 glaze. Even if you use SwirlX, which has some glaze, you can (optionally) apply DC2 to maximize the glaze/oils if you want.
                  3) DC3 carnuba wax, but you can finish with any pure wax (including Meguiars #26 carnuba, or NXT synthetic). Probably best not to finish with ColorX (or CleanerWax) since it has cleaners which would remove the previous glaze step (ColorX is intented to be an All-In-One single-step cleaner+glaze+wax)

On a white or light car, you might be very happy with only a 2-step (SwirlX then DC3 or NXT pure wax). On a red or dark car, you should try adding the intermediate step (DC2 glaze) to see if you can see a difference in color depth.

As Murr1525 previously highlighted, all the preceeding discussions assume (as you stated) that your paint finish is basically defect-free. SwirlX (or ColorX) will remove some very light swirls, but if you had heavy swirls or scratches or serious oxidation or stains, then you would need to do defect-removal using more agressive products and techniques - a different story.

Hopefully all the above information answers your initial question. Meguiars has (in my opinion) the widest line of product, offering many options, and you just need to pick the one that matches what you want.
                  2010 XRS

Comment

Thanks for the quick help! Will do as soon as thaws out!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');