• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple of quick questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of quick questions

First off, regarding the Meguiar's compounds, which is more aggressive the Ultimate Compound or Polishing Compound and which should I use to remove 1500 grit scratches? Also, I know it is recommended to use a mist/wipe wax every time after you wash. Would the wax/wash combo be a good substitute for this?

Re: A couple of quick questions

1. Ultimate Compound or #105 would be strongest. If they will remove those marks are another question. How will you be trying to apply them?

2. The Wash n'Wax will be ok, but probably not quite as good as UQW.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I was going to apply with a simply microfiber pad by hand

Comment

Perhaps you could try sanding to a higher grit, like 2500, or 3000, then removing by hand.

It is one of those things, some paints you could do it easily, and some you cant do at all by hand.

If you want the best by hand, try the best and highest grit sanding paper, and then #105... see how you do.

Comment

Alright Thanks, also if I am not going to use a spray and wax should I definitely use the wash and wax?

Comment

Well.. dont have to do anything.... But you can certainly try it out.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');