• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wish me luck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish me luck!

I am meeting with a recruiter tomorrow to join The Marines. I need all the support I can get so wish me luck and pray for me.

Re: Wish me luck!

Congratulations!

Good luck!

Thank you for choosing to server our country and defend the Constitution.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Man, I wish you all the luck in the world!! I admire young men and women that join our armed forces to defend our freedoms and stand for what they believe in.
      Tracy
      765-413-7547
      Autobritedetailing@gmail.com

Comment

Best of luck to you.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Good luck and thank you!!!!

Andy M.
          Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
          Andy M. Moderator

Comment

You rock, Fischer!

Just don't make the mistake of letting other recruits at MEPS talk you into drinking and partying all night the night before the physical. Both times I went to MEPS, I saw a ton of potential recruits get the boot for failing the breathalyzer in the morning after partying all night.

As long as you are drug free and have a pretty clean criminal background, you should be good to. Just try to get into a specialty that has relevance in the civilian world if you can. It will make yuor job prospects better when you get out.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by William_F View Post
              You rock, Fischer!

As long as you are drug free and have a pretty clean criminal background, you should be good to. Just try to get into a specialty that has relevance in the civilian world if you can. It will make yuor job prospects better when you get out.

Good luck!
              That is what im shooting for. Right now im going to a community college for business administration, so becoming an officer would be a good way to establish more experience for any kind of future work. (I want to open my own car detailing shop)

Comment

Good luck, and thanks in advance. You are very brave to be joining at this time in our country. My hat is off to you!
                There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Comment

Good luck man!
                  2011 Infiniti G37S 6MT
                  Black Obsidian

Comment

Good luck and God bless you!
                    Shane
                    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Good luck!
                      Schotography

Comment

IT'S GREAT MEN LIKE YOU THAT MAKE AMERICA THE HOME OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

THANK YOU!!!
                        ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
                        You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
                        Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Good luck in your adventures in the Corps! I initially chose the Marines, I wanted to be an MP but the recruiter told me that I was too short.

Joined the Army instead and got to play with a 4.5 million dollar, 72 ton M1A1 tank for 3 years. Ahhh the memories! Now as a reservist I get to play with pre Vietnam era deuce and a half's....don't really know how that happened but hey, it's still fun!

Like others have said, don't get into any trouble.....especially at MEPS, I suspect they stick you in a hotel over night on purpose to see if you'll go hog wild.
                          Also one of the most important things you'll learn about in the military is to never become complacent with your surroundings! Always know your surroundings and be ready to "cowboy up" in a nano second!

Basic training is just as mental as it is physically demanding. When the brown rounds are chewing your butt out for what may even seem trivial, keep in mind that it is not personal (they're not doing it to get their jollies), but it is to prepare you for the stresses of combat. They need to "toughen" you up so that you'll keep your cool in "the ****" and in the unfortunate event that you become a POW.

With all that said, good luck and godspeed to you Marine!
                          It's a fantastic journey...one that you WILL NERVER FORGET!

Sgt Sean M. Underwood
                          US Army Reserve
                          For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

Thanks everyone for the support!
                            I met with the recruiter today. We discussed couple things and options. From the looks of it, i would rather go into active duty because there arent any jobs in reserve that are appealing.

As for breaking the news, im going out with my dad tonight over beers to discuss whats going on. Then im going to start dropping hints to my mom and on Friday the recruiter is coming over to talk to her.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');