• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Products with Fillers? Concealing Swirls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim, Thanks for info on #66. I don't know what I would do with a gallon of #66 though, it would be fine if I detailed 18 wheelers or buses, or even if I detailed cars everyday. But I do none of these.

But being that #66 is between 83 and 82 in aggressiveness, it would make me think this a pretty effective product. I didn't think it was that aggressive. I'll have to give it a try someday. How do you like the finished look of #66 alone? How long will it hold up? If I use #66, should I follow with a wax or sealant like you suggested?
    Last edited by cheapthrills; Dec 10, 2004, 05:27 PM.

Comment

You may want to consider the #80. It is also more aggressive than #82. And it comes in a 32 oz. bottle/

RamAirV1
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

RamAirV1, I have use #80 a few times, and it is one of my favorites to use with the PC. It works well after #83, and leaves the finish looking sweet! Actually I don't think any other polish I have right now leaves a finish looking as nice as #80 does.

Comment

Hey,

Meguiar's #66 is often used in "high-product reconditioning." As such, it does work very well in both cleaning and protecting the finish! Because it is also a wax, it will leave a very durable finish behind.

I too really love #80 Speed Glaze. However, if I were looking for a one step product, #66 would be it! I know a gallon seems like a lot. But, when you see how versatile the product is, you will be using it often!

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

GM recommends #66 to its dealers for one step cleaning, and polishing, and protecting. When I first saw Quick Detailer in the GM recommendations, I thought it was Quik Detailer. I thought to myself, how can they expect a QD to protect the paint? It wasn't until I read this forum that I realized there were 2 different products with a similar name.

RamAirV1
            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Re: Products with Fillers? Concealing Swirls?

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');