• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question about gilmor foam gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about gilmor foam gun

i just ordered one and i was wondering if after i use it to foam the car is there anyway to just get water out of it or do i have to take the gun off the hose and put the regular hose nozzle on it to rinse the car.

Re: question about gilmor foam gun

Sort of...

Assuming you ordered the variable brass one, the brass slide flips over to only let out water. But it will be a weaker stream, not great for pre/final rinsing.

Also, the foam part seperates from the trigger, but the trigger is like a full blast nozzle, also not great for rinsing.

I would get quick connects (probably brass ones, casue it does get heavy), and put them on the trigger (if you buy Gilmour brass connects, you'll have to pull the rubber off the connect) and the hoze, and your regular nozzle.

And a hose-end shut-off will be handy to make the switch easier.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Note: Neither of those my favorite shut-off.... I just use a cheap one from Target or Home-Depot at the moment.

Comment

aight thanks

Comment

As a side note, if I am in the middle, and finish a panel or 2 or 3, etc depending on temp, I will use the 'flip-over' to just quick rinse a small area. But not a final rinse.

Comment

so just having the foam gun hooked up to hose and having just water to come out is very strong, to strong to pre and final rinse??

Comment

You'll see better when you get it....

The trigger lets out a very strong narrow stream of water. Some may like it, but not my favorite.

When you attach the foam container part, it becomes a weak, spread out, aerated stream.

So it ends up with neither being too good for me.

Comment

Some folks dont even use the trigger, they just go hose- adjustable shut/off-quick connect-foaming container. Then use the shut off to adjust the flow. But I like the trigger.

Comment

ok

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');