• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mountain Run!!! Prescott Valley, AZ ---> Jerome, AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Run!!! Prescott Valley, AZ ---> Jerome, AZ

Hey guys! I'm looking to set up a cruise/ mountain run for the early spring. If we get enough interest, I'll start to gather more details for the run as the final date set approaches...

Here's the run down. I have this nice set of twisties right in my back yard here in Prescott Valley, Arizona. It is Arizona highway 89-A that takes you from the edge of Prescott Valley on into the history laden town of Jerome, Arizona. It's a huge tourist destination, with lots of sights to see, shops, & restaurants that are all well worth the visit.

Here is a link for more information on the town of Jerome:
    JEROME WEATHER Jerome, Arizona"Wickedest Town in the West" Located near the top of Cleopatra Hill between Prescott and Flagstaff is the historic copper mining town of Jerome, Arizona. Once known as the wickedest town in the west, Jerome was born a copper mining camp, growing from a settlement of tents into a roaring mining community.

I've driven this stretch of road several times since I've lived here in Arizona and it's tons of fun. The views through the mountains & valleys are spectacular, so bring a friend to sit in the passengers seat to take lots of pics or video...if their stomach can bear it! Those who tag along on this trip will definitely be hanging on to the "oh $#1*" handle!!! The road up to Jerome can be both relaxing & exhilarating depending on what type of driving mood you are in that day.

Here's a short Youtube video of a Ferrari & Porsche playing cat & mouse on 89-A on the way up to Jerome...
    This hood mounted camera angle was taken on a 1988 Ferrari 328. It was following a 911 Porsche through Jerome AZ.

So this is how it would play out...

-We pick out a nice sunny Saturday morning to leave from Prescott Valley, AZ for the Drive to Jerome.

-Choose a spot as a central meeting spot in the Prescott Valley, AZ prior to departure.

-Spend the lunch time hours taking in the sights, smells, & sounds of the old town of Jerome.

-then the rest of the afternoon can be spent either driving to our respective homes or you guys could stick around town so I can show you the town of Prescott & the infamous whiskey row...but that's a whole other discussion!!!

Let me know what you guys think!!!

TENTATIVE DATE SET:
    APRIL 10TH, 2010(Saturday)
    This is the weekend following Easter Sunday...let me know what you guys think!!!

Small road leading from Jerome to the public parking lot...

Plenty of parking!!!

The parking lot sits right by an old shut down copper mine...

Re: Mountain Run!!! Prescott Valley, AZ ---> Jerome, AZ

I've gotten a good response for this run on other forums...approximate head count to date is 50+ vehicles! Keep spreading the word! Warm weather is just around the corner guys!!!

Comment

I'd love to do this if I didn't live so far away.
      Shane
      1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
        I'd love to do this if I didn't live so far away.
        That would be one long drive! I'd love to be closer to TN...you're lucky you have the Tail of the Dragon close to you!!!

Comment

I may be in...we absolutely love that drive and Jerome is the bomb! We have stayed in the Jerome Grand Hotel several times.

Eating at the Haunted Palace is a must!!

Comment

Originally posted by nismonkey View Post
            That would be one long drive! I'd love to be closer to TN...you're lucky you have the Tail of the Dragon close to you!!!
            That's true. It's only about 30 minutes or so away from me. Been on it a couple of times with a friend of mine. Totally awesome!
            Shane
            1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
              That's true. It's only about 30 minutes or so away from me. Been on it a couple of times with a friend of mine. Totally awesome!
              I lived in Nashville, TN for 2 years, but never got around to running the Dragon...

Comment

You guys keep an eye on this thread this week. I may be adding ANOTHER ELEMENT to this run if you guys are interested!!! I will find out more & bring you the details ASAP...

Comment

I'm interested

Comment

CUSTOMS 2 CLASSICS CAR SHOW + Mountain Run!

***NEW INFORMATION AS OF 3/9/10***

CUSTOMS 2 CLASSICS CAR SHOW + Mountain Run! Prescott Valley, AZ to Jerome, AZ

This is the new ELEMENT added to this event. My friends at EMBRY RIDDLE AERONAUTICAL UNIVERSITY in Prescott, AZ are holding their 2nd annual car show the same day as our run. It is the CUSTOMS 2 CLASSICS 2010 car show, and they have been kind enough to invite all those that have planned on going on the run to attend the show as participants or spectators.

There will be plenty of food, family fun & entertainment, & a good # of cars to drool over. The folks at ERAU are expecting a turnout of 100+ participants for the show.

Our original plans for the MOUNTAIN RUN will essentially remain the same. The only thing that will change is the rally point & departure time!!!

This is the general timeline for the day of the show:

6am-7:30am - ERAU setup + VENDOR setup.

8-10am - Start the music. Show cars arrive, directed to parking locations and given welcome packet with instructions on registration. Fill out registration forms + their $10 and food donations.

10:30am - REGISTRATION CLOSES. NO MORE ENTRIES TO BE JUDGED.

10:30am-2:30pm - judging begins. Main attractions, lunch, Etc

2:30pm - judging complete, scores tallied and winners organized

3:00pm - music stops. Winners announced

3:30pm - raffle winners announced

4:00pm - clean up

Here's the run down for the MOUNTAIN RUN. I have this nice set of twisties right in my back yard here in Prescott Valley, Arizona. It is Arizona highway 89-A that takes you from the edge of Prescott Valley on into the history laden town of Jerome, Arizona. It's a huge tourist destination, with lots of sights to see, shops, & restaurants that are all well worth the visit.

Here is a link for more information on the town of Jerome:
                    JEROME WEATHER Jerome, Arizona"Wickedest Town in the West" Located near the top of Cleopatra Hill between Prescott and Flagstaff is the historic copper mining town of Jerome, Arizona. Once known as the wickedest town in the west, Jerome was born a copper mining camp, growing from a settlement of tents into a roaring mining community.

I've driven this stretch of road several times since I've lived here in Arizona and it's tons of fun. The views through the mountains & valleys are spectacular, so bring a friend to sit in the passengers seat to take lots of pics or video...if their stomach can bear it! Those who tag along on this trip will definitely be hanging on to the "oh $#1*" handle!!! The road up to Jerome can be both relaxing & exhilirating depending on what type of driving mood you are in that day.

Here's a short Youtube video of a Ferrari & Porsche playing cat & mouse on 89-A on the way up to Jerome...
                    This hood mounted camera angle was taken on a 1988 Ferrari 328. It was following a 911 Porsche through Jerome AZ.

So this is how it will play out...

-Saturday from approx 10am-3pm will be spent at ERAU's car show.

-approx 3pm we will start packing up & prepping for the MOUNTAIN RUN.

-once we get to the top of the mountain, we can spend the afternoon hours taking in the sights, smells, & sounds of the old town of Jerome.

-then the rest of the afternoon can be spent either driving to our respective homes or you guys could stick around so we can show you the town of Prescott & the infamous WHISKEY ROW...but that's a whole other discussion!!! :yesnod

Let me know what you guys think!!!

Comment

Scheduled to make an appearance at the event:

The Arizona Lamborghini Club
                      The Scottsdale Exotic Car Club

This event is posted on the following forums...

nicoclub.com
                      maxima.org
                      azht.net
                      sincityz.org
                      300zxclub.com
                      dynamicminicollective.org
                      evolutionm.net
                      sr20forum.com
                      scionlife.com
                      s-chassis.com
                      mazdaforum.com
                      nissanclub.com
                      nicoclub.com
                      meguiarsonline.com
                      superstreetonline.com
                      importtuner.com
                      sportcompactcarweb.com
                      myg35driver.com
                      my350z.com
                      toyotanation.com
                      mitsubishi-forums.com
                      projectz32.com
                      evotuners.net
                      nasioc.com
                      clubwrx.net
                      iwsti.com
                      Honda-tech.com
                      Hondaforum.com
                      fitfreak.com
                      hondaclub.com
                      civicforums.com
                      superhonda.com
                      & SOME...

Comment

Caravan anyone??? Phx to prescott???

Comment

We (wife and i) may be in. We just got the new BMW so that would be a fun road to try it out on. Keep us posted !
                          Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Rthario View Post
                            We (wife and i) may be in. We just got the new BMW so that would be a fun road to try it out on. Keep us posted !
                            Rthario,

Check out post #10 in this thread...this event is going to be a 2 part deal. Hope to see you there!!!

Comment

18 more days till the event!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');