• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I notice a difference if I use the G-100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks again where do i order the kit from

Comment

ok here goes it,purchased the PC last nite,im going to order the following ,nxt wash,clay bar,w-dav99,i have lots of micro fiber towels,but was curious about also buying a im9920,ultimate bonnet, should i pick one up. all three cars are less than 3 years old and the paints is in great shape on all of them,any suggestions before i place this order on line......

Comment

Ourbail
        You might want to check out the Essentials holiday package for the G100.
        It has everything you are considering including three microfiber bonnets at a
        substantial savings and free shipping to boot.http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...&threadid=3725

Comment

thanks for the tip,if i got the above kit does the nxt wax become not needed,i thought the nxt stuf f was the wax to be buying... if you wanted the best.

Comment

I think the kit ends up costing more because there maybe stuff you want that's not part of the kit and stuff you don't want. I did it seperately, got #83, the buffing pads/backing plate, NXT Tech Wax, #7 Glaze, Clay kit about $80.

Comment

Originally posted by Buellwinkle
              Besides the price, stickers, backing plate and lifetime warranty difference they are the same. I got the 7336 at Lowe's a few weeks ago for $99.
              I'll be posting a forum special today that is more than competitive with the Lowe's price.

Mike
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike,
                This is my first post and I"m a new member to the forum....just curious as to some details about the G100 because I have been researching it a little before I decided to join. I was thinking about taking advantage of the holiday offer for the G100 DACP but wasn't sure if it would be of much help to me. I drive a 2004 Jetta with Galactic (Dark) Blue paint. It's been well maintained and clayed several times so the paint is in great condition. Just wasn't sure if the G100 would be very helpful for things like applying tech wax because I probably wouldn't need to use it for polishing right away. Also, can you recommend any products you think would be helpful for the finish???

Thanks,
                Jason
                Jason
                2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Comment

Originally posted by jetta18T
                  Mike,
                  This is my first post and I"m a new member to the forum....just curious as to some details about the G100 because I have been researching it a little before I decided to join. I was thinking about taking advantage of the holiday offer for the G100 DACP but wasn't sure if it would be of much help to me. I drive a 2004 Jetta with Galactic (Dark) Blue paint. It's been well maintained and clayed several times so the paint is in great condition. Just wasn't sure if the G100 would be very helpful for things like applying tech wax because I probably wouldn't need to use it for polishing right away. Also, can you recommend any products you think would be helpful for the finish???

Thanks,
                  Jason
                  Hi Jason,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online

The G100 does and excellent job of thoroughly applying a thin, even coat of wax. This creates a very uniform appearance and makes removal by machine or hand incredibly easy!

Besides Tech Wax, a pure polish like Deep Crystal Polish really increases the gloss and beauty in your car's finish!

Also a couple of Meguiar's Ultimate Bonnets to enable you to remove products like Tech Wax with the dual action polisher.

Mike
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike i just purchased the G100,1 bottle of #80, 3micro fiber bonnets,3 80 06 and 1 9006 pad 2 clay bar kits and 1 gallon of vinyl protetent,got a video also,our three cars are in gre at shape and are all light colored,hope fully i covered everything,i already have the nxt wax......

Comment

Originally posted by ourbail
                      Mike i just purchased the G100, 1 bottle of #80, 3 micro fiber bonnets,3 80 06 and 1 9006 pad 2 clay bar kits and 1 gallon of vinyl protectant,got a video also, our three cars are in great shape and are all light colored,hope fully i covered everything, i already have the NXT wax......
                      Hi ourbail,

I've never met anyone who regretted purchasing a dual action polisher. You will love the results and how the machine takes all the work out of applying and removing products.

Because you don't want to mix different product onto the same pad, or in other words, it's a good idea to dedicate your pads, that is to only use one product on each pad, most people find they need a few extra pads as they get into the machine polishing world. For this reason, the Set of 3 pads - WDAV99-B kit is very popular. You may be able to change your order or add this on.

$24.95

Other than that, looks good!

Enjoy!

Mike
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

wow hot!

this thread answered all my questions. i think i'm gonna buy one.

i own a 1995 silver color car and i can't get certain marks off by meguiars hand products. i hope this can do it (from what i read here it will)

is christmas the only time specials are offered. it's cold up here and i won't be bringing my car out until maybe April. i'd rather not stock up on supplies i have no room for, but i want the G-100 essentials collection too. do you run specials throughout the year?

Comment

Originally posted by Mondego
                          wow hot!

this thread answered all my questions. i think I'm gonna buy one.

i own a 1995 silver color car and i can't get certain marks off by Meguiars hand products. i hope this can do it (from what i read here it will)

is Christmas the only time specials are offered. it's cold up here and i won't be bringing my car out until maybe April. I'd rather not stock up on supplies i have no room for, but i want the G-100 essentials collection too. do you run specials throughout the year?
                          to Meguiar's Online! We are glad to have you as a member...

We do run specials periodically but it is hard to say what they will be. If you really want these specials it would be better to take advantage of the offers before they end on Dec. 31st.
                          Lynn Matthews

Comment

Mike,George (great service over the phone) included 3 8006 pads and 1 9006 pad,after discussion my cars needs and paint condition he recommend that wash,clay, # 80 was all i needed then follow with 2x nxt wax and did not warrant the dcpc or dcsp or the scratch x.do you think i need more than pads ,im getting 4 total, cant wait to work on all three cars.

Comment

With the one Lowe's offers, you don't get a Velcro backing plate, a quality foam pad, or the lifetime warranty. Meguiar's Lifetime Warranty on this unit makes is a great value at at a great price.

Plus unlike Lowe's, we support our customers with our 1-800 347-5700 Customer Care Hotline and even this discussion forum where you can post questions, offer you suggestions and share your passion with like minded friends, something Lowe's and other discount stores don't offer.

Meguiar's has always focused on education, as in teaching people how to evaluate their surface, how to choose the right product for the job and how to use good technique.

If you live in the Southern California area, you even get hands-on training and education, something Costco and Lowe's don't offer. We even supply a very nice pizza lunch with cold soda pop and water and supply some free samples for you to test out!

Mike
                              Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Those detail clinics that Meguiar's sponsors are a wonderful offering. I learned things there that I never knew in 37 years of washing and waxing cars.

I truly appreciate the chance to learn from friendly and knowledgeable people.

While I missed out on the Christmas special for the G-100 and
                                ended up buying a similar machine elsewhere, I did purchase over $250 worth of Meguiar's products in the three weeks since I attended the clinic.

This past weekend I polished my 4th car since attending the clinic and the Meguiar's products have my cars looking better than ever.

In my case my new car was delivered with horrendous scratches and swirls from the dealership improperly washing the car down for delivery. Although a coat or two of wax temporarily hid the damage there was only one way to get it out.

I used the 'G-100' with an 8006 polishing pad and #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish but it was evident that that alone wasn't going to get it done.

I had to break out the rotary polisher and very carefully used #83 and #2 Fine Cut polish to get the major scratches out.

Then, back to the G-100 and #83 again. I followed that up with #80 Speed Glaze on another 8006 pad. After that I used #7 Show Car Glaze applied with the G-100 and wiped each stage off with the Ultimate Wipe micro fiber cloths.

Next came a coat of NXT Tech Wax, again applied with the G-100 and the 9006 Foam Pad. I didn't use the Ultimate Bonnet but wiped it off by hand because after 12 hours of machine polishing I was ready for some "manual" labor.

The final results are stunning and this finally looks like the car I expected when I ordered it.

So my answer to the original poster is, YES, the G-100 will make a huge difference in the care of your car's finish.

It is a very versatile machine and you would not regret getting one.

I hope everyone can take advantage of the Crhistmas Special.

Thanks Meguiar's.

-Bill

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');