• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I notice a difference if I use the G-100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bill,

Thanks for chiming in and sharing your experience with the polisher and especially how you were able to create the type of finish you desired on your car and actually should have received at the time of purchase. Your story is a common one and just goes to show that often times if you want a show car finish, you have to take matters into your own hands. With the exception of handful of Professional detailers and detail shops, nobody has more of a vested interest in their car's finish over the owner.

Nice write-up.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike for the tip,i called back today and ordered 2 more 9006 and i more8006,for a grand total of 7 pads,should hold me over for a while also got a gallon of the quick dealer,the proffesional stuff,total of 300.00 spent,but im looking forward to giving and keeping our 3 cars in A1 show quality condition,cant wait for the stuff to arrive,thanks for steering me in the right direction,it sure is a big service that you and meguiars offer,thanks again ,will post some sweet pictures of our cars when i am finished...

Comment

Mike,
        Just a quick question....I was curious if there are any kind of abrasives in the step 2 deep crystal polish. Is there any possibility of damaging the finish if applied incorrectly? Is the G100 more likely to cause any kind of damage or swirls? What's usually a good sign that the car needs polishing? Is the 3 step Deep Crystal system necessary?

Thanks,
        Jason
        Jason
        2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Comment

Originally posted by jetta18T
          Mike,
          Just a quick question....I was curious if there are any kind of abrasives in the step 2 deep crystal polish. Is there any possibility of damaging the finish if applied incorrectly? Is the G100 more likely to cause any kind of damage or swirls? What's usually a good sign that the car needs polishing? Is the 3 step Deep Crystal system necessary?

Thanks,
          Jason
          Meguiar's Deep Crystal Polish is completely non-abrasive. It's sole purpose is to create brilliant high gloss. As long as you are applying this pure polish by hand, or with either the W-8006 polishing pad, or the W-9006 finishing pad, you will not instill any swirls or any other type of damage.

A good sign that a finish needs polishing is when it begins to loose its vibrancy, depth of shine, clarity, gloss and slickness. Sometimes, you cannot tell if a finish needs this until you do a polish a test area and compare it to the original paint in its original, pre-polished condition.

Good questions.

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Hi Mike,

Strange, I remember seeing that response as well..

As for using the G100, you will love what it will do for your paint!!!

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks Tim and Mike....
              I appreciate the input and I will be ordering it soon before the special ends at the end of december...the only question is what to order along with it. I'm planning on ordering the ultimate bonnet and the pack of 3 pads. However, just a little unclear as of what would be best out of all of the professional products. The numbers get a little confusing at times and I don't think I need anything strong to get rid of any huge swirls as of now. Except my brother's car could use something for his swirl marks so I just may consider adding something to the order to take care of it. Perhaps #9?? The 80, 81 and 83 seem to be pretty popular as well. My only concern is that I don't want to damage the clear coat at all. Thanks again.

-Jason
              Jason
              2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Comment

And by the way he has a black VW golf....so I know it's not going to be easy
                Jason
                2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Comment

Thanks Tim and Mike....

I appreciate the input and I will be ordering it soon before the special ends at the end of december...the only question is what to order along with it.

-Jason
                  Hi Jason,

I would recommend the #9 Swirl Remover 2.0 for your lightest polishing work, and the #80 Speed Glaze for a clean/polish with just a little more cleaning ability while still being very, very very safe.

The #9 is available in 16 ounce bottles, or one-gallon jugs. The #80 Speed Glaze is available in 32 ounce bottles or one gallon jugs. If you think you would like more than a 16 ounce bottle of the #9 Swirl Remover 2.0, then you could opt for swapping the #82 Swirl Free Polish as it is available in a 32 ounce bottle like the #80 Speed Glaze.

The #82 Swirl Free Polish is offers only a sleight amount more cleaning power than the #9 Swirl Remover 2.0, most people cannot tell the difference.

#9 Swirl Remover 2.0
                  #80 Speed Glaze
                  #82 Swirl Free Polish

Mike
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Ok thanks Mike I think I'll have to consider that...Just wish I was able to get to a clinic so I wouldn't have to ask so many questions except living in PA certainly doesn't help haha.....
                    Jason
                    2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Comment

Ok thanks Mike I think I'll have to consider that...Just wish I was able to get to a clinic so I wouldn't have to ask so many questions except living in PA certainly doesn't help haha.....
                      We're working on this.

Mike
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Ok just one quick question before I make the big purchase....is there any possibility to damage or create swirl marks in the paint with the G-100 when used with wax? Just wanted to firm that up before I made the purchase.
                        Jason
                        2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Comment

As for above, what I'm trying to say is what kind of special training do I need before using this? Would the video suffice?
                          Jason
                          2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Comment

Ok just one quick question before I make the big purchase....is there any possibility to damage or create swirl marks in the paint with the G-100 when used with wax? Just wanted to firm that up before I made the purchase.
                            Hi jetta18T,

As long as your car's finish is clean and free of any loose contaminants, and your foam polishing pad is clean and free from any loose contaminants, then applying wax with our G100 Dual Action Polisher will instill not swirls, scratches or damage.

Mike
                            Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

As for above, what I'm trying to say is what kind of special training do I need before using this? Would the video suffice?
                              The "Power Polishing" video will suffice, also you might want to order the "How to remove paint defects" as it touches on using the G-100 as well as many other topics that address paint polishing.

Mike
                              Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike while im waiting for the G 100 can you tell me or link to the correct polish pattern to use with the PC. up down L to R ,etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');