• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vroom microfiber towels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vroom microfiber towels.

Well, I've been using this brand to dry and remove wax from my car for a while now. I keep wondering if I am taking a risk using them. I hope to run down to a PBE shop this weekend to see what they have. I know That you can't tell for sure just by feel but they seem to feel as soft as the Ultimate Wipe I was looking at last weekend. These are the orange Vroom towels by the way and appear to be the same ones that Scottwax used in his ONR demonstration video. Any the from you guys?

Re: Vroom microfiber towels.

I have loads of Vroom towels (the white/gray 5-pack ones) for glass, interior, dirty areas, etc. I have also used them at friends houses, and have seen no noticable damage to their paint.

But I have Water Magnets and Supreme Shines, and Ultimate Wipes for my paint.....
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Vroom Brand is actually great quality. They do not damage the paint surface in any way from my experience. I always buy some when I go to Target. They have lasted me a long time, I recommend them for a low budget towel. But obviously you still have to have your Meguiars Supreme Shine Towels, Water Magnets, etc. I also love Griot's and Cobra Towels.
      Matt

Comment

They are probably some of the better quality MF's that are easily bought in-stores. I have a bunch of em and have not noticed any marring on my Wife's black car.
        2006 San Remo Red WRX TR
        2005 Ford Ranger XLT

Detailers clean places nobody see. Detailer see's things nobody else see. But if you ask a Detailer to see how a dress looks on a woman, they are blind.

Comment

Great! I am glad to hear that no one has had any issues with them. Frankly, I was shocked by the quality when I first bought them.

Thanks again for the input. I will eventually have to give the Ultimate Wipes a try.

Comment

I agree with the above statements. Got a few in my collection and they appear to work very well...not to mention I got them at 50% off (clearance).
            NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

I use them as well. I was looking for an affordable, good quality MF readily available OTC and have been pleased with their performance thus far.

Comment

I have the green Vroom MF's and they work really well

Comment

meguiars mf towels are only $6 for a pack of 3, and $18 for a pack of 12 on amazon, you gotta put 4 of the 3 packs in the cart to get the discount. of course you have to pay for shipping unless you have amazon prime.

Comment

I use the ones from Sam's Club. You get a 24 pack of them for $10.88. They're good size (16x16, I think?), thicker towels, and I've had no problems with any scratching. I posted about these in a thread on MF's in another detailing forum I frequent, and a couple other guys also liked them. Can't beat the price!

Comment

I got a pack of 36 for $15.99 from Cotsco the other day. Seem to be of good quality.

Comment

I guess next weekend, I will have to go and get some vroom m/f. See how they are.
                        quality creates its own demand

Comment

I think it is unlikely you will notice any microfiber scratching your paint. The microfiber can only make microscratches, probably not visible to the naked eye, and the only visible effect you will get is going to be cumulative.

The way I judge how good a microfiber is is simply how efficiently it does its job. On the paint, that job is usually to remove liquid or wax. So if it takes 1 or 2 wipes and it is gone, I am happy. If it takes more than that, well I know I have given my paint more exposure to the microfiber and any microscratching it could be doing, and I have also spent more time in the process. So even if it costs more, I will buy the one that takes the liquid off the most efficiently.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');