• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shelf life of polishes ,wax,ETC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelf life of polishes ,wax,ETC

Since I have just purchased NSX wax,Swirl remover,Ultimate Detailer,etc. in my arsenal of polish supplies. I was wondering what the shelf life of my older waxes ,polish, detailers, etc is and what harm would it do, if any to the finish of my truck if I used it. They are kept in my garage in a temp of 40 degrees in winter to a high of 80 degrees in summer. some of them are 3 to 4 years old. How can you tell if they are bad?

Re: Shelf life of polishes ,wax,ETC

Just checked out old posts and found answers to my own question. Basicly 3 to 5 years, but shake up and check consistancy, watery or bad smell, dump it. Avoid freezing ,causes seperation.Some products can last much longer
    quick summary!

Comment

They should be fine.

With the creamy products, like polishes ,cleaners, etc, they will start to seperate, into liquid and clumpy solid. If they arent bad, you can shake them and get them back together, but when they are going bad, they wont come back together.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but I beleive that I read a thread simular to this several years back about the same question.

And that the shelf life is about 5 years if the product is unopened and in a control temp, it might be fine give or take a year or so? But it wouldn't hurt to try it out and see if it still had consistency and no strange oder.

I know I've had bottles that has been several years or older that had been opened and tried them on some of my test hoods and they seemed to still be effective with the da and by hand.
        ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
        You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
        Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

If you shake them up and the consistency still looks good and the liquids have not seperated, chances are they are probably still good.

From the Meguiars.com FAQ

What is the shelf life of Meguiar's products?
          Brian

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');