• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT 2.0 life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT 2.0 life

So ever since about 2 years ago, I became a Meguiars fan with all the great 2008 products that were released. I especially fell in love with NXT 2.0.

Recently, for anyone who lives in Southern California knows that its been raining a good amount. One thing that I noticed recently is the NXT 2.0 "hydrophobic" feature does not last too long. Well to better phrase it, the initial affect that the sealant has with water does not last too long. The first day it rained hard, the water just beaded away and the rain just would not stay on the car. I loved watching it bead off. However, as the 2nd and 3rd day rolled around, I realized that the beads of water began to not bead off. I know that the sealant was still working since the water was really beading into that almost spherical shape but wasn't rolling off the surface like it used to.

This was a couple weeks ago when we had our first rain batch of rain. Since then, I decided to recoat my car with NXT 2.0 but this time only 1/3 of the car and the other 1/3 I put on M21 since I had some of that left in the garage and then left the last 1/3 as is. Today is the 3rd day? of heavy rain and as before, NXT 2.0 coat doesn't bead off as smoothly as day one. Its now the same as the area of where I didn't re-coat. The area that i used the M21 still beads off better but again, not as flawlessly as day one.

This morning, I also sprayed some quick detailer on one area and some quick wax on another area to see how long that might last me so i'll know better in a couple days how that holds up. Anyway, this was just an observation i had which I thought I'd bring to attention incase you didn't know already.

Anyway, Still love the products. a quick drive on the highway at 80mph right after the rain blows all the water off and looks like I just washed the car.
    i.m. skeptical... of everything.

Re: NXT 2.0 life

It will last a couple rains on my suburban. I use UQW when needed and re apply the wax every other month. But yes, I also noticed it doesn't have that just waxed look for long. Wonder how the new improved gold class wax performs?

Comment

Hey

I know it's been a couple years since I have been detailing and following everything but I've been trying to catch up on all the new products and techniques for the last couple weeks, but have I missed something about?

Wonder how the new improved gold class wax performs?
      ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
      You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
      Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

was the surface prepared?clean,clay, how many coats of wax and i have never had that problem with nxt2.0

Comment

I think there was even a Meguiars post a few weeks ago saying that NXT-2.0 would lose its highly visible hydrophobic properties after a few washes/rains, but that most of the protection was still there. Short of a re-wax, weekly UQW is the next best thing.
          2010 XRS

Comment

Originally posted by stang_krazy View Post
            Hey

I know it's been a couple years since I have been detailing and following everything but I've been trying to catch up on all the new products and techniques for the last couple weeks, but have I missed something about?

Wonder how the new improved gold class wax performs?

Comment

Perhaps it's due to the car getting dirtier? So as the dirt builds up, the water does not sit on the paint but rather sit on the dirt.
              2006 San Remo Red WRX TR
              2005 Ford Ranger XLT

Detailers clean places nobody see. Detailer see's things nobody else see. But if you ask a Detailer to see how a dress looks on a woman, they are blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Caress Detailing View Post
                Perhaps it's due to the car getting dirtier? So as the dirt builds up, the water does not sit on the paint but rather sit on the dirt.
                I actually thought about that so I some UD on and hoping that it will will remove any unwanted film of **** off but UD only worked for a couple of hours and went straight back to its original state where the water doesn't bead off as easily. My only solution right now is UQW.

Comment

Originally posted by 79elcamino View Post
                  was the surface prepared?clean,clay, how many coats of wax and i have never had that problem with nxt2.0
                  Of course, I would be ashamed of myself to even post anything if I had not done everything to the car.

Comment

I recall with Nxt and #21 1.0 that I thought the #21 kept its look better.

Now it seems Nxt 2.0 keeps its looks better than #21 1.0... havent tried #21 2.0 yet...
                    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewR/T View Post
                      Thanks andrew!

Had to go to town alittle while ago and went to wally world and sure enough behind the now old gold class their was the new!

Man it's been to long, meguiars has improved everything! Thought I had checked all the threads out out on here.
                      ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
                      You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
                      Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

I'm in agreement with a few others, that after some dirt builds up, less sheeting will naturally occur.

I find that after a wash after a few weeks without reapplying NXT 2.0, that water still beads and sheets pretty well and "seems" like it is still has some protection. Not sure it's fair to expect a product to act like the initial/new application after a few weeks of seeing the elements.

Then again we could get into the "does beading/sheeting really equal protection" debate but I say lets skip it.
                        "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

So last night when the rain stopped, i went out and began to use UD on the car. The rain did put a thin film of dirt which i guess caused the water not to bead off as well. I used UD throughout the whole car and then used UQW on half the car, this morning when the rain was back, the area where there was only UD applied, water did bead but not as good. the UQW really did revive the water beading. I don't know why but I love watching the water bead off while I drive. haha.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');