• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pops-a-dent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pops-a-dent

Has anyone ever used the "Pops-a-Dent" dent and ding repair kit? I have the kit but haven't used it yet. If any of you have used it, I would appreciate your comments (pros & cons).
    "NOW IS THE TIME"

I did a bunch of research including talking with the company that makes one of the kits since they are local and have done work on my car. What I found is that you have to have the right dent for these things to work. If the dent is too small like a typical door ding or bigger than the span of the device or is near an edge it's not likely to work. If you have a flat area with a dent that's shallow and about 2-3" in diameter you stand a better chance but be prepared to use it several times and work real slow as it has a tendency to pop off before you want it to. Very few seem to be happy with this product and causes more frustration than happiness. I would find a good paintless dent removal person that does good work at a fair price. I just hate it when they want $85 to remove one small dent that takes then 10 minutes and most of that 10 minutes is spent writing a bill.

Comment

I usually spend $35 per dent and it's a whole lot better than a body shop repair and repaint and cheaper too. You gots to pay the guy for his talent, his training and his equipment.

Tom

Comment

so has anyone used the pops a dent/ding king stuff with some success? some ***** just dinged my door today at the school parking lot. im really annoyed [edited: 2hotford]... if i cant fix this dent im gonna find her car and key it all around and then kick her door in.... this is the first dent ever on my car for the 2 yrs we have owned it.... im so mad [edited]!!!!!

Comment

Hey,

Though I understand your frustration, let's cool down a little and keep a watchful eye on what we are posting, please.

Thanks

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

sorry about that

o yah and i tried the ding king thing on the dent and it seems to be gone now... i guess i was lucky enough taht the ding was minor enough that the ding king actually worked on it

Comment

I bought the Ding King a while back,and have used it once to
              get a dent out of my fender ( which was the size of a coke can )
              and I was amazed that it worked.
              ( 2 tries to remove the whole dent )

from what I hear it won't work too well if the dent is
              bigger than the size of a grapefruit.
              it was an ok $19.99 investment for me.
              "always somethin"

Comment

The key to the ding king is to remove all waxes and polishes before using the dent remover.
                manny1234@mach-1.org

Comment

is that what the green stuff is for?

Comment

Ya, but the green stuff is not strong enough to get rid of the polishes and the NXT wax......
                    manny1234@mach-1.org

Comment

Thought I'd post in here rather than start a new thread...

I dropped a vacuum pipe on my rear bumper which left 2 indentations I was just wondering of the best way to minimize their appearance? Would heating up the rear bumper be the way to go?

btw the paint isn't broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Vormund

Would heating up the rear bumper be the way to go?
                        If you're talking about the urethane bumper cover, then using a heat gun or strong hair dryer might help soften it and allow you to get it back into shape.

I would advise caution with the heat source and if possible, try to heat from the inside. You don't want to end up damaging the paint with the heat gun.

I'm sure there will be better advice from more knowledgeable folks.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');