• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning grease from your hands.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning grease from your hands.

I accidentally stumbled upon this last weekend. Apparently some thick grease (possible axle grease) was on the road and got all over my wheel wells and a bit on the side of the car. I only had RainX bug & tar spray gel at my disposal since I was at my parents. It worked great on the car and I was have a great deal of difficulty getting the stuff off of my hands even with Gojo and a bristle brush.

Sooooo... I used some of the bug and tar remover on my hands. It washed right off!!! I then used some regular soap to get off the chemicals and I was done.

Re: Cleaning grease from your hands.

I found that using a loofa works great for cleaning up after working on cars. Just don't let your wife find out that your using her loofa to clean your greasy hands.
    "What's the first rule when entering a man's car?"

"Respect a man's car, a man respects you."
    Transporter 2

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Will have to try this. Thanks.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

I know nothing about the products mentioned, but......
        It's a good idea to read the labels of products to be sure you aren't using them in a manner that can be hazardous to your health.
        Solvents are often recommended to not be used on skin.
        Charles
        The Rainmaker

Comment

Try Grease Monkey Wipes

I saw this last week on the Shark Tank (one of my favorite shows). Citrus extract is the key ingredient. Looks like it works really well.

Comment

When I was actively car racing (and that involved lots of greasy work), we mostly used "Fast Orange". A nice gel made to quickly and effectively clean hands.
            2010 XRS

Comment

Charles, you have a very good point.

I'll remember to do that next time.

Junkyard dog, your comment brings back memories. I hopped in the shower one time when we just married and used her white loofa. Outcome: big war. Many deaths...

Comment

Gojo !
                Addicted

Comment

Hahaha let us all married men before warned, don't use any of your wife's things unless you plan on replacing them. I spent lonely nights on the couch because of this.

Comment

Getting to work on the car today so I'll try this out and let you know how it goes.

Comment

WD-40 or silicone spray depending on what's closest. Then Dawn followed by Cetaphil

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');