• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Special Preview This Saturday at Meguiar's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    Here's David removing the NXT Tech Wax using Meguair's new Supreme Shine Microfiber

This towel is nicely weighted and was great for removing wax. I dried my car with it today and I'd give it a 9/10.

Sweet Viper considering it's 10+ years old with 50k+ miles. Oops, sorry David. Was I not supposed to tell? Thanks for letting every1 try out the goods on your car.

Comment

Here's Bob's Torch Red Corvette looking good! (Also known as RDVT4ME)

Nice shine Bob!

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Meguiar's invested a lot of time researching and designing the new accessory line. For example, the new Versa-Angle Wide Body Brush will fit inside a standard 5-gallon bucket to gather soap solution without tipping it sideways.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Next up, Joe from Superior Shine goes into action to help test out some of our new products on George Wax's Mustang. While were busy washing another Mini Cooper in front of the garage, Joe pulls his mobile detailing van with on-board water across the parking lot and begins to rinse the loose dirt off.

Then it's time to remove the dirt!

Here's Joe using Meguiar's Versa-Angle Wheel Face Brush to clean George's wheels

Here's George using Meguiar's new Deep Pile Chenille Wash Mitt to wash the body panels.[/b]

Here are the results!

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Here's Tom, aka tn350Z using Meguiar's new Versa-Angle Wide Body Brush on Brad Herman's Mini Cooper, while Brad tackles a rear wheel and Brian White cleans a front whee.

Note how the soft, flagged brush gets into the tight areas

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Jeeze its like all you need are brushes! This is perfect for those extra grimy areas. Do these brushes clean easily? Great work Meguiar's!
              Raleigh, Durham, Cary Madman Detailer of Liquid Finish.

Comment

Ohh now your just teasting us. How much longer are we gonna have to wait to get some of these items?
                Later,
                Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
                Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Microfiber Quik Detail Pad

Here's Bob and myself trying out Meguiar's new Microfiber Quik Detail Pad with some Last Touch Spray Detailer and some Quik Detailer on our 2004 Honda Pilot

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Here's Joe, aka Lt1Corvette removing the light dust from the rear spoiler on the Pilot using Meguiar's Microfiber Quik Detail Pad.

And here he is again using it on Richard's Mini Cooper, Lil' Octane

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Here's Toshi Hashimoto aka cafemoc using Meguiar's Microfiber Quik Detail pad on the back of Richard's Mini Cooper.

Here's Bob aka RDVT4ME using Meguiar's Microfiber Quik Detail pad on roof and side of Lil' Octane.

And here's Richard the owner wiping the front clip,

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips

IS THAT SWIRLS ON THE FENDER I SEE?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by benhui86
                          IS THAT SWIRLS ON THE FENDER I SEE?!?!?!
                          Yes, just some very light swirls in brigh sunlight like you see here. The finish has never seen a cleaner/polish as of yet. Except for waxing, it's exactly as the dealership sold it to us.

Good eye!

Mike
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike, no rail dust on the new Pilot? If no, you are lucky. My last 3 cars had rail dust on them at delivery. But my dealer knows better than to try and remove it and scratch the paint. They leave the rail dust removal to me. Somebody needs to tell these new car detailers about clay, and how to use it. It's not that hard, just time consuming.

Is one detail pad enough to do an entire vehicle like a GTO? Or would two or more be required? Do you turn the pad over to wipe the finish dry, or do you follow up with an Ultimate Wipe?

RamAirV1
                            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Hi RamAirV1,

Good questions.

As far as the rail dust goes, I haven't noticed any. I have only clayed the hood so far the rest feels pretty good. (Knock on wood).

As far as how far and how long you can continue to use the Microfiber Quik Detail pad before you need to switch to a new one, that will be determined by how much dust is on the finish and how big the car is.

Mike Pennington told me he did at least two Tahoe's with one pad.

I know you could easily do two Mini Cooper's with one pad. With a suggested retail price of $3.99 I would recommend getting at least two of the to test out as they become available. Meguiar's is excellent about backing up their products with their money back guarantee, so no worries if your not satisfied with this product or any Meguiar's product.

Mike
                              Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Two Tahoes with one pad, I would say that is a high capacity pad!
                                I would probably get more than one when I do order them along with everything else.

I usually QD every day in the summer unless I get rained on so dust build up normally won't be a big issue.

I'm sure I will be more than happy with them. If they are anything like the new Ultimate Wipes that is good enough for me.

Is the Water Magnet Towel similar to the original Meguiar's MF Drying Towel that came in the clear plastic tube?

RamAirV1
                                2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                                2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');