• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accent Coating (Dressing) vs Trim Detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accent Coating (Dressing) vs Trim Detailer

I've used both of these aerosol products to restore black trim. Both work excellent. The Detailer line Accent Coating (which appears to have been renamed Accent Dressing) says it's for professional use and has more nasties listed as ingredients as well as a stouter scent. Aerosol Trim Detailer in the Consumer Line has the nifty adjustable sprayer and less possibly diagreeable ingredients on the label. As far as usage they appear to be interchangeable. Most places there's a slight price differential but other than those things these appear to be identical products.

So, what's the difference and should I care?

Thanks... TL

Re: Accent Coating (Dressing) vs Trim Detailer

hmmm...im interested in the answer to this thread as well !!

i bought a can of accent coating from ADS about 2 weeks ago only because i had about 5 bucks left on my budget, and i said heck why not !?!? its been pretty cold here to wash my car so as soon as i get the chance im going to try accent coating..but id sure like to difference when compared to trim coating, which i believe is discontinued via ADS website tells me, although my local pepboys still has a bunch
    Addicted

Comment

Originally posted by speed3blackmica View Post
      hmmm...im interested in the answer to this thread as well !!

i bought a can of accent coating from ADS about 2 weeks ago only because i had about 5 bucks left on my budget, and i said heck why not !?!? its been pretty cold here to wash my car so as soon as i get the chance im going to try accent coating..but id sure like to difference when compared to trim coating, which i believe is discontinued via ADS website tells me, although my local pepboys still has a bunch
      I was sure I saw the aerosol Trim Detailer in the Meguiar's store... only thing I see now is the bottled stuff. I can never find things I'm specifically looking for there anyway. The Accent Coating is there now labeled Accent "Dressing".

It'd be too bad if the aerosol Trim Detailer was, in fact, discontinued. The adjustable spray nozzle works pretty nice.

TL

Comment

If the aerosol trim detailed is really disco'd, I'mma be mad! The aerosol is the best for cowls (the vents) and such where you can't easily get an applicator pad to.

Comment

I tried accent coating a few days ago...its amazing ! It leaves a rather pretty shiny gloss to trim, which I like..it goes on really fast and doesn't get overspray all over the paint, its really cool I think ill be ordering a few cans next ads order
          Addicted

Comment

I tried accent coating a few days ago...its amazing ! It leaves a rather pretty shiny gloss to trim, which I like..it goes on really fast and doesn't get overspray all over the paint, its really cool I think ill be ordering a few cans next ads order
            Shiney if you let it dry, matte if you wipe it down.

I think ill be ordering a few cans next ads order
            Get the newsletter? 15% off Meg's store through 3/31.

TL

Comment

Ahhh i see, yes i didnt wipe it down, i just let it dry, it left the trim shiny, which i personally liked a lot to my own surprise..and yes i just got the newsletter ! 15%off awesomee!
              Addicted

Comment

Saw that 15% as well. Now to compare that to ADS. Maybe I'll treat myself to some new products.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');