• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint Protection Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Protection Film

This is more of a general question about paint protection film, as I am considering getting it for my car. I gather from reading other posts that it is ok to use Meguiar's products on (been using them on my paint for a while). But will the car itself look as good with the film on it?

In other words if I had the film on half of my car and waxed it, would the film look as good as the bare paint (black metallic)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Paint Protection Film

You will see a slight difference, but mainly just the line where the film ends. Generally speaking, you want to stick to using very gentle products on the film, but wax is fine.

I have some 3M film on my lower valance and you can't even tell - but I wrapped mine 100% so there is no line where it ends visible.

Comment

Thanks Mark, I found a place here in town that will do the whole front of the car, but it's kind of expensive, going to go down and look at one they have done in person and see.

Comment

Originally posted by MilkMan_SHO View Post
        I gather from reading other posts that it is ok to use Meguiar's products on (been using them on my paint for a while).
        Like Mark said, stay away from the abrasive products ( cleaners / compounds).

Applying a wax like Gold Class Wax or NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 will be just fine. Just make sure and not load up the "edge" with product
        Mike Pennington
        Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
        Meguiar's, Inc.
        800-854-8073
        mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pennington View Post

Applying a wax like Gold Class Wax or NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 will be just fine. Just make sure and not load up the "edge" with product

Cool, thanks Mike, Ultimate Quick Detailer would be fine too right? I love that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pennington View Post

I have clearbra and use #9 with a DA and white pad then use NXT. Been doing this for two years / 50,000 miles with no ill effects.

Regarding the "edge", mask it off with 1" blue painters tape before you start waxing. When you are done, remove the tape and use a little detailing spray to "clean up" the area where the tape was.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');