• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aerosol Tire Spray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerosol Tire Spray

One question about the aerosol spray tire dressing Meguiars and others offer. Why aerosol spray. If someone is at a car show and all of the surrounding cars are cleaned and ready to be judged, and someone decides to apply tire dressing to their tires, when they spray the can of tire dressing, and the wind catches it, the “over spray� can get on the cars around them. Then you need to let the owner know you just sprayed tire dressing at your car, but it got onto someone else’s car. Why is aerosol sprays used instead of a liquid in a pump bottle?

I personally apply the spray to a cloth, and then wipe my tires, but most folks do not think of this. Just wondering??

Mike

Re: Aerosol Tire Spray

Originally posted by Twisterspecial
    One question about the aerosol spray tire dressing Meguiar's and others offer. Why aerosol spray. If someone is at a car show and all of the surrounding cars are cleaned and ready to be judged, and someone decides to apply tire dressing to their tires, when they spray the can of tire dressing, and the wind catches it, the “over spray� can get on the cars around them. Then you need to let the owner know you just sprayed tire dressing at your car, but it got onto someone else’s car. Why is aerosol sprays used instead of a liquid in a pump bottle?

I personally apply the spray to a cloth, and then wipe my tires, but most folks do not think of this. Just wondering??

Mike
    Hi Twisterspecial,

Good questions.

The reason Meguiar's offers one of our tire dressing in an aerosol spray is because the ease of use and convenience it offers our customers. Some people really like the super easy ability to dress their tires in much the same way you use a can of spray paint. The aerosol can sprays a mist of dressing which penetrated into all the grooves and spaces around letters very efficiently and you don't have to touch an applicator pad.

At the same time, many of our customers prefer to apply a gel or a trigger spray product. At Meguiar's, we like to offer our customers a choice and let them decide for themselves which product suits their needs best.

Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Spray
    Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Spray (Trigger)

After they have purchased our products, while we hope that they will use them responsibly, we cannot control how, where and when they apply the product.

When I use a gel or a trigger spray, I always first apply the product to an applicator pad and then use the applicator pad to apply the product to the tire surface as this helps to control product placement as well as enable me to work the product into the surface well.

I also like the aerosol for things like our Honda Pilot tires which have tiny grooves all the way around the tire and make reaching these areas difficult with a gel or a spray.

Hope this helps...

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hey,

I actually prefer the aerosol for the same reason Mike mentioned plus a few more. Many Goodyear tires have vertical groves. The aerosol works fantastic in this situation.

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I spray the treads. ( Car Shows Only)

SRT-10 Silver

Comment

Yep! happened to me,... and also if windy goes on your own car. I still like the stuff but take notice of wind conditions and make sure to do my tires 1st. I have only done about 8 shows since I got the car last Feb. and each one is a new learning experience. Also if I am using tire gel and pad I make sure to put on disposable vinyl gloves first.
          http://www.picturejudge.com/memberpi...flames%201.jpg

Comment

I especially like the trigger spray version of Hot Shine. I spray it in a few places around the tire then spread with an applicator pad. Eagle One Tire Swipes are OK for this. The ones that Meguiar's sells are good too but the foam separates from the plastic handle sometimes.

The trigger spray makes larger droplets so they are not affected as much by wind. The Hot Shine aerosol is very good but I don't think anyone can make an aerosol that won't have at least some overspray on a windy day. The variable spray pattern is nice though. It works great if there is light or no wind.

Why is it that every time I want to apply tire dressing, it gets extremely windy?

RamAirV1
            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');