• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new use for Ultimate Protectant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new use for Ultimate Protectant

OK, so I was down in the garage, playing around, smelling products, the usual. I happened to glance at the wiper arms on our 2001 Honda Accord, and thought to myself, "Those look rather blah. I wonder if Ultimate Protectant would help any." So I applied a dab of Ultimate Protectant to a diaper cloth, gently worked it into the wiper arm, and then wiped off the excess with a microfiber. The results speak for themselves.

Untreated wiper arm

Treated wiper arm

Please note that these are the actual results. I did not change the lighting or the settings on the camera. As you can see, Ultimate Protectant really improved the looks of the wiper arm. I rubbed it with my finger and there was no greasy residue at all. Given, I probably didn't do the best job at neatly applying it, but I just wanted to see if it worked. It took me less than a minute to apply and remove any excess, so even if you had to apply after every rain or wash, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Hope this helps!
    Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Re: A new use for Ultimate Protectant

Tried it out on a few wiper arms a couple months ago and it did not hold up all that long. Some wiper arms do not absorb any type of dressing really well. Looks much darker though.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Yes, I suspect durability would only be sub-par on wiper arms. But it was so easy to do, even doing it when you do your wash wouldn't be that big of a deal. Makes 'em look better too.
      Shane

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I find using D151 on wiper arms works better and lasts longer then using trim dressings.

Comment

thats really cool shane....being that wiper arms are usually always made out of some type of metal, usually steal, and if my memory serves me correctly, they are anadozied whatever color they are, so they are pretty much non porous at all...but i mean thats really cool and really stands out..something cool to do before going to a show !
          Addicted

Comment

Originally posted by Strokin04 View Post
            I find using D151 on wiper arms works better and lasts longer then using trim dressings.
            You could always put D151 on one wiper arm and Ultimate Protectant on the other and see which one lasts the longest. Ultimate Protectant may work better than other trim dressings on wiper arms. You never know 'til you try.
            Shane

Comment

I would like to try to do this, however, I cannot find this UP around my area. GC Trim Detailer works fine though.

Comment

Originally posted by Strokin04 View Post
                Great tip. Being that they are non-porous,I never thought about waxing them. Thanks for a sharing a great idea.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

I use good old gloss black spray paint. I've only had to do it once and they look like new. I painted them over two years ago. I think for the few extra minutes it takes to paint them, you'll save a ton of time over the long run and not have to worry about dressing them.

On a side note, I'm looking forward to trying out UP. Looks to be a standout product.

Colin
                  A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');