• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My First ADS Purchase!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First ADS Purchase!

Hey all -

I'm putting together a list for my first Auto Detailing Solutions purchase. This summer I'm moving from the consumer line to the D-line because I've been seeing tons of great reviews. Could you please take a look my list and let me know what you think? Anything I should add / rid of?

D101 All Purpose Cleaner (with extra spray bottle)
    D103 All Purpose Cleaner Plus (with extra spray bottle)
    D108 Super Degreaser (with extra spray bottle)
    (trying to figure out if I need just one, two, or all 3 of these)

D120 Glass Cleaner (with extra spray bottle)
    D155 Last Touch
    D111 Shampoo Plus
    D170 Hyper Dressing (with extra spray bottle)

Grit Guard (2)

Last year I used all things that I could find in Pep Boys (or equivalent) and I felt very limited... Any comments would be welcomed!

Thanks,

Matt
    -----

Re: My First ADS Purchase!

All those products are great
    Addicted

Comment

Looks good! You may not need APC if you're getting APC+. I know there are some uses where one is better than the other, because one foams more than the other, but I just went with APC+.
      www.reflectionsautodetailing.biz

Comment

Since most of the products you already listed in this I would just get his package deal from ADS. It will also give you 12oz samples of M105, M205, D151 and a bunch of other goodies.

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.ne...mpler-kit.html
        Alan T.

Comment

As a side note, no need to feel that the D-Line or Pro-Line products are better or worse than the Consumer Line products. Just have to get what fits your needs. I have some from all 3 lines.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for the replies...

I'm not saying one is better than the other, just observed a lot of positive reviews for many items on the D-line. And I really like how the bottles are going to be uniform and color-coded. Sounds like I'm gonna need a new rubbermaid container to go with it
            -----

Comment

Originally posted by majeiks View Post
              Thanks for the replies...

I'm not saying one is better than the other, just observed a lot of positive reviews for many items on the D-line. And I really like how the bottles are going to be uniform and color-coded. Sounds like I'm gonna need a new rubbermaid container to go with it
              You may want multiple extra bottles for some products in order to have various dilutions premixed. I know I sometimes use APC+ at 10:1 and also at 4:1 on other surfaces. Hyperdressing is another where another bottle for a different dilution rate might be handy. Then again, you can always pick up more bottles once you establish your usage patterns.

Extra sprayers are never a bad thing to have laying around. A few foaming sprayers are nice to have as well. Got a funnel? Going to need any pump spouts? Sometimes the little doo-dads that are easily overlooked provide the greatest convenience.

As previously mentioned, that Pro Sampler Kit is a nice package. A good way to try out a variety of products before commiting to gallons.

TL

Comment

Or a bar to hang them on in a neat row.....

And the pumps are great once you get to the gallon sizes for the dressings, APCs, soaps, etc.

Comment

Those are great ideas. I plan to get the 32 oz sampler sizes for each product on my first purchase so I don't end up with a gallon of something that I don't like... Still deciding if I want the Sampler Kit yet or not...
                  -----

Comment

Its a pretty solid kit.

Just have to add your Grit Guards and soap.

Comment

That's what I did. I also got some Optimum no Rinse to bring me over 150 - now I get a free bag!

Thanks for all your help!!
                      -----

Comment

That's a pretty nice kit Rick has. I have not seen that before today.

Colin
                        A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by majeiks View Post
                          That's what I did. I also got some Optimum no Rinse to bring me over 150 - now I get a free bag!

Thanks for all your help!!

Very nice. You'll really like the products you ended up with. The D-Line is great.

Colin
                          A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

The D-Line is really great, but like Murr said you may find you like products from all the different lines Meg's has. I know that's definitely the case with me.

Comment

After buying from all the lines, I have come to the conclusion, that mixing products from all 3 lines is the best way to go.

Looks like a great order. Have no fear, there will be more. lol.
                              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');