• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 chip problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 chip problems...

SO i bought (my parents did) my 2008 copper SX4 brand new. It now has only 14,000 miles on it cause im on 17 and dont go far from home. About 2,000 of those miles are from driving to NC to visit my mom. Its it normal for me to have "Rock chips/some kinda of chips" all over my hood, I have a bug guard and i heard thats supposed to help with that kinda stuff. Should i say something 2 my dealer. It always taken care of my car but the chips in the paint is getting kinda outa hand...i just dont see how 18 grand gets me crapy paint. lol

Re: 2008 chip problems...

You may want to look for a Suzuki board and see if anyone has anything to say there.

The bug guard really helps on the Subaru hood, and the bumper seems to hold up well. But maybe those plastic film kind of things are better for Suzuki.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Rocks are harder than paint. When rocks hit paint, it chips them. Rocks will do the same thing to paint on a $100,000 car as it has on your $18,000 car. The front of my hood on the Roush and the front bumper on my Neon look like a Connect-The-Dots book up close. You can get that clear bra thing or a regular car bra. Those are going to be the most suitable options to protect against them.

Comment

i understand that but is some paint more "chip-able" than others...ie - Super thick cc or something??

Comment

I am sure there are differences from brand to brand, with different paint manufactuers and how it is applied by the car makers.

Bumpers are different paint than the rest of the car as well.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by SX4DUDE2013 View Post
            i understand that but is some paint more "chip-able" than others...ie - Super thick cc or something??
            I think the biggest breaker on it is how the vehicle sits compared to where debris flies. My Neon, Mustang, and F150 all have chips in different spots on the front of the vehicles. As Murr said, sure there are some differences, but in the end, paint loses to rock either way.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');