• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Aggressiveness Order of SMAT Products - This might surprise you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Aggressiveness Order of SMAT Products - This might surprise you!

Originally posted by billddrummer View Post
    Update: Part II

Did clay, UP and UPW last weekend. Noticed there are still some swirl marks that I missed from using UC the last time. Question: What path should I take now?
    1. Hit it again with UC, knowing that's a relatively aggressive solution to something 95% of people won't ever notice?
    2. Do another treatment with UP?
    3. Leave it? (I consider the finish at about 85% of where I want it.)

Thanks!
    Still waiting for anyone to chime in on this question.

Thanks.
    2016 red Hyundai Azera, acquired with 21 miles. Drive 600+ miles/week. Commercial RE agent in CA focusing on properties in the Truckee/Lake Tahoe basin.

Comment

Originally posted by billddrummer View Post
      Still waiting for anyone to chime in on this question.

Thanks.
      Did u do it by hand? IDK in my opinion there's always going to be some minor swirl marks that you can only see in direct sunlight at the perfect angle, It be very hard to get rid of them 100% unless you are an experienced professional with the right tools. Most of us are just getting super anal about our daily drivers in an ocd kind of way but we have to remember our limitations and what we are actually driving. Just my 2 cents, You can strive for perfection of course but you aren't going to achieve it. By this philosophy Ive let some things go on my car, before I got to the point where I'm stripping the clear coat off an otherwise new vehicle driving myself crazy over phantom scratches that no one else would ever notice anyway. How many scratches have you noticed on other peoples cars? A guy has a good sig in here saying car care is supposed to be therapy not the reason you need it. Thats good advice i think

Comment

Originally posted by MicrofiberMan View Post
        Did u do it by hand? IDK in my opinion there's always going to be some minor swirl marks that you can only see in direct sunlight at the perfect angle, It be very hard to get rid of them 100% unless you are an experienced professional with the right tools. Most of us are just getting super anal about our daily drivers in an ocd kind of way but we have to remember our limitations and what we are actually driving. Just my 2 cents, You can strive for perfection of course but you aren't going to achieve it. By this philosophy Ive let some things go on my car, before I got to the point where I'm stripping the clear coat off an otherwise new vehicle driving myself crazy over phantom scratches that no one else would ever notice anyway. How many scratches have you noticed on other peoples cars? A guy has a good sig in here saying car care is supposed to be therapy not the reason you need it. Thats good advice i think
        You're absolutely right. Leaving it works for me. Will clay and wax next week. Then UP two weeks from now.
        2016 red Hyundai Azera, acquired with 21 miles. Drive 600+ miles/week. Commercial RE agent in CA focusing on properties in the Truckee/Lake Tahoe basin.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');