• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Autoglym HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Autoglym HD

Originally posted by EPHIOS View Post
    I have eight bottles of TechWax 2.0 and two cans of Gold Class CP. I use TechWax 2.0 as a base sealant then use GC CP as a topper.
    I like Techwax too. I got M21 because 64 oz. for $40 is too good to pass up.
    Too much of a good thing is even better!

Comment

I went to a Wal-Mart in Sacramento to get me some Pennzoil Ultra, and they had the Autoglym HD and perfect palm applicators or whatever they are called. Neat I guess, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
        I went to a Wal-Mart in Sacramento to get me some Pennzoil Ultra, and they had the Autoglym HD and perfect palm applicators or whatever they are called. Neat I guess, lol.
        You're my type of guy. Pennzoil in my engine and Meguiars for my detailing. LOL.

I am currently using Pennzoil Platinum, however, I have about 3.5 quarts left, which will be good enough for my next oil change. After that, I will start using Pennzoil Ultra.

Comment

Heh, stepping down from Amsoil SSO. I only drive the car like 1,000 miles per year. No point in spending all that money for that oil and an Amsoil filter for 1,000 miles. I've been running Platinum in my Neon for awhile.

Comment

just purchased some AutoGlym. Haven't used it yet- because I'm always waiting for my M21 and Fuzion wax to show up as well. lol

The AG Wax was purchased at a Walmart in Long Beach, CA
            Round House Kick...

Comment

Autoglym is just as common as Meguiars in Australia.

Definately lots of good products, and an easy to understand range. The only weakness for a long time was that there was no clay in the range, but they added that recently.

If you think the wax is expensive, just buy the sealant (Extra Gloss Protection). Its fun when you use it the first time because it spreads so quick you almost have to chase it around the car.

Comment

If I purchase this Autoglym wax kit for $35, I wonder how long it will last me as a topper on top of TechWax 2.0?

Gold Class Carnauba Plus (11oz) can is barely even used after first application on my black car.

Comment

I went to five different WalMarts around my area in the past month. No one have bought this kit at any of these stores. All of them still have two kits out.

Don't you guys think this Autoglym HD Kit is OVERKILL for WalMart? If you think about it, most of the people that go to WalMart are budget-minded consumers. Do you think they will spend $35 for a wax kit. I know some of us will do, however, most of the WalMart consumers will probably pass on this.

Comment

I doesnt matter if the usual walmart customers pass this on. What matters is this a great wax like this is now available OTC in the US and at $35 it is a steal. The real detail enthusiasts will buy them all up. This wax goes for $50-$60 so that tells you how much influence and power walmart has on price.

I am still waiting for AG to hit the markets in my area. Pepboys is going to be stocking 5 different products from them that I all plan to try.
                    Alan T.

Comment

Originally posted by Lasthope05 View Post
                      I doesnt matter if the usual walmart customers pass this on.
                      I'd be surprised if it lasts if the "usual" customers, who generally spend quite a bit of their money there regularly being bargain shoppers, just go on by this product. That's how Wal-Mart makes their money. Selling high amounts of product/inventory at prices just above cost. If people don't buy it, they generally won't carry it. Waste of money and shelf space to them. That is why at certain stores for example, they clearance out products that are not discontinued in any way, shape or form. The products simply don't sell. Therefore, they [Wal-Mart] don't make money. So, they get rid of it and bring in something else that will sell. $35 for 5 oz. of wax isn't exactly a "discount" or a "bargain" or a "steal" in many "regular" Wal-Mart shopper's eyes when you can get a 16oz. bottle of Cleaner Wax for $6.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');