• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safe D- Degreaser and wheel's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe D- Degreaser and wheel's?

Hello, can Safe D- degreaser be used on clearcoated wheel's if so, what is the recommend dilution ratio. Also any special precaution's I should take when handling this product beside's what's on the label.. I know you have the wheel cleaner also in the Detailer line, but I feel it may be strong chemically for very expensive wheel's..

Re: Safe D- Degreaser and wheel's?

Originally posted by George Wax
    Hello, can Safe D- Degreaser be used on clear-coated wheel's if so, what is the recommend dilution ratio. Also any special precaution's I should take when handling this product besides what's on the label.. I know you have the wheel cleaner also in the Detailer line, but I feel it may be strong chemically for very expensive wheel's..
    Hi George,

I have the Tech Bulletin in front of me and it lists this product as safe for all exterior surfaces. It lists that it can be used on engines, tires and fender wells. It does not list wheels however.

The pH is 12:8

Dilution levels of water to degreaser are as follows,

4:1 Heavy-Duty Degreasing
    10:1 Medium-Duty Degreasing

Application directions states:

Dilute to required strength and spray on desired surface. Let sit for 30-45 seconds and thoroughly rinse clean with water. Do not let dry on surface.

Tire Cleaning: Prior to use, ensure wheel are cool to the touch by spraying with cold water.

For professional de-waxing, dilute product to 20:1 and wipe desired area. Rinse thoroughly with water.

So it reads like it can be used on clear coat paint. I have an e-mail into Mike Pennington to double check and get more information. So lets error on the side of caution and hold off till I get his reply.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thank you, Mike, I can remember when your old Citri-Gel Cleaner was out, and I would alway's use it on tire's, wheel's, fenderwell's with no adverse affect's.. Let me know because if Safe D-can be used on wheel's it would save me a lot of money in the long run..

Comment

Hi George,

I just heard back from Mike Pennington and he said that "Yes"this product is safe for clear coated wheels.

"4:1 or even 10:1 it depends on how dirty the wheel is"

Just be sure to follow the instruction and rinse after the recommended time period.

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I find that Safe-D is really good for door jambs. It is all I use on cars now to door jambs.
          "Washing for the People"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');