• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

right order? let me know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: right order? let me know

ok so this is what i have so far in my cart at ADS, free shipping over 150 as well.

red grit gaurd x 2
    1 gallon of d110 hyper wash, i like how concentrated it is so maybe ill just use 2:5 instead of 1:5
    hi-tec magna sponge
    1 gallon of 135 synthetic SD
    1 gallon of m07
    1 gallon of m21
    black wow for my outside trims
    foam app pads x 6
    ultimate quick wax for touch ups
    1 gallon d140 wheel cleaner
    1 gallon d120 glass cleaner

so far its at 250 dollars !

for some reason ADS doesnt carry swirlx or ultimate compound or colorx,

what is their substitute in the professional line that can be put on by hand? also let me know if i made a mistake in my buying list

Comment

Originally posted by rextotherex View Post
      ok so this is what i have so far in my cart at ADS, free shipping over 150 as well.

red grit gaurd x 2
      1 gallon of d110 hyper wash, i like how concentrated it is so maybe ill just use 2:5 instead of 1:5
      hi-tec magna sponge
      1 gallon of 135 synthetic SD
      1 gallon of m07
      1 gallon of m21
      black wow for my outside trims
      foam app pads x 6
      1 gallon d140 wheel cleaner

so far its at 250 dollars !

for some reason ADS doesnt carry swirlx or ultimate compound or colorx,

what is their substitute in the professional line that can be put on by hand? also let me know if i made a mistake in my buying list

rex are you sure ADS doesnt have swirlx, UC, or color x ? i know ADS has it, or did you just mean that it was out of stock ? its under the meguiars gold class collection. oh and dont use 2 ounces of hyper wash with 5 gallons of water..use 1 ounce of hyper wash..trust me. that stuff is super concentrated..one ounce is all you need and what is recommend
      Addicted

Comment

well what if i have a foam gun? the thing i hate about it is its hard to find a good sudsy soap to make it sudsy enough hence why i wanted to use hyper carwash to get slightly more suds. can i hurt something if it uses too much?

Comment

ok so i added UC and swirlx, decided to pass on the m07 1 gallon and just got a 16oz considering i would only need to claynar, polish, and use uc swirlx twice a year i thought id be wasting money geting a gallon sized.

other than that does everything look good? i have full interior cleaning supplies already and i still have some black magic tire shine, but if you can tell me theres a tire shine thats even wetter let me know =) im at 240 dollars im sure 20 more for a gallon of wheel cleaner wont hurt, just not sure what kind lol.

also what do u guys think of black wow? i read up on autopia its pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by rextotherex View Post
            well what if i have a foam gun? the thing i hate about it is its hard to find a good sudsy soap to make it sudsy enough hence why i wanted to use hyper carwash to get slightly more suds. can i hurt something if it uses too much?
            too much soap can make it hard to rinse off..you might get lots of soap streaks on the paint. possibly even strip the wax off the car. Meguiars Super Soap is the highest foaming soap if your going to use a foam gun. its in the detailer line. ADS has it
            Addicted

Comment

you the man!

does mcguires carry a spray wax in a gallon size too? i only see ultimate quick wax in the small bottle
              shopping for car cleaners is fun, who would have thought!

Comment

lol np
                Addicted

Comment

ok im blaming all you guys, i decided to buy m26 to top off m21 because you all say it makes the color pop even more! dude im going shopping crazy

Comment

red grit gaurd x 2
                    hi-tec magna sponge - I would choose the Clay Kit, or seperate Detailing clay. The Magna sponge doesnt get the best reviews on here, at least for regular claying.
                    1 gallon of 135 synthetic SD - Remember that UQD/#135 is not flor claying
                    1 gallon of m07 - Thats a lot....
                    1 gallon of m21 - Thats a lot.... If you think you'll use them up that fast, ok, but for just one car, thats like a lifetime supply, and a 3-5 year shelf life. black wow for my outside trims
                    foam app pads x 6
                    1 gallon d140 wheel cleaner - Just be carefull with it. The Aluminum Wheel Wash is the more general product.
                    Dont forget spray bottles and sprayers.....

well what if i have a foam gun?
                    What kind do you have? Havent heard many folks using Hyper Wash in theirs, Super Soap seems popular, and I use #62. I agree, a little extra is ok, dont want to go super concentrated though. And make sure of dilution math with whatever product/gun you are combining.

does mcguires carry a spray wax in a gallon size too?
                    Who? And no, most professional shops dont seem to need a spray wax, so no luck there.
                    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

yea i downsized the gallons lol, i realized that was alot of product, however im talking to my boss about spliting it

Comment

what clay would you suggest for a 3 year old car that sees sun and outdoors 300 out of 365 days a year? i felt my paint after i did a good wash and it still has a good semi smooth surface but definately needs another clay, its been 6 months since ive last clayed as well.

im thinking meguires mild, is this clay stronger than the smooth clay kit?

Comment

the meguiars mild blue clay is a tad more stronger than the smooth surface clay kit and still safe to use without risking any marring which typically can happen from an aggresive clay (doesnt always happen, but it has)..but for the most part, on a well maintained car, ie. you wash/quick detail it often, you keep up with waxing it, the smooth surface clay kit clay bars will do a perfect job
                          Addicted

Comment

Originally posted by jeancarlo
                            Thanks for the information, but I think that this forum is for talk about cars not about sells, please if I am wrong tell me.
                            this forum is mainly a discussion forum for meguiars car care by title, however we talk about everything here. we talk about products, techniques, cars themselves, everything. and we all help each other when it comes down to starting off with what products to buy, what tools you might need, heck we even talk about personal issues and help each other. its just one big community of car guys ! and girls
                            Addicted

Comment

The blue clay just wont come with any lubricant, so you would need QD, or Last Touch, FI, etc. As mentioned, the UQD/#135 is not for claying.
                              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Do you have more pictures of your WRX? Especially from the side.. those rims look awesome!

Any what's with the Hello Kitty badge on the trunk??
                                www.reflectionsautodetailing.biz

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');