• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning Pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Pedals

Anybody have any idea on what works best for cleaning the pedals?? I've tried spraying an all purpose cleaner and letting that sit, and that seems to work ok. But I was wondering if there was any special brush that works well for this. Is applying a dressing ok or would that be going overboard and make them too slippery??
    Jason
    2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T

My first question would be what kind of pedals are we working on? Plastic, rubber, alloy.

I have cleaned mine in the past using some general purpose cleaner and a medium density brush. I applied some #40 on them and let it sit until it had dried. Then gave them a good rubbing with a towel. I didn't find them to be slippery, but I would test before you drive.

Comment

The pedals are rubber. For the most part they're not too bad but I find that keeping up with them helps a lot. I was attempting to get some of the dirt out on my brother's car when I detailed it but it was a little tricky. Some all purpose cleaner and a little elbow grease usually does the trick. Just wasn't sure if there was a tool better suited for the job.
      Jason
      2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Comment

If they've got a lot of little crevices an old tooth brush might be the trick. Usually rubber pedals are just covers which you can remove also. This might make your life easier than laying down on the floor and trying to scrub them if they're that bad.
        Later,
        Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
        Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Starting in January sometime you can order one of these,

All-Surface Interior Brush

Unique Quality Features
          • * Light yellow bristles loosen & release dirt and grime from carpet fibers
            * Gold bristles allow for safe cleaning of all interior surfaces including leather

Part Number: X1000
          Suggested Retail Price $4.99

This is a very versatile brush in that it offers two different types of bristles for you to choose from. After the Special Presentation class last weekend I can already tell this is going to be a huge hit.

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');