• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grit Guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grit Guard

I bought a Grit Guard off eBay and a 5-gallon bucket from pep boys. The grit guard doesn't look like it goes all the to the bottom of the bucket and if it does only the edges touch very lightly. Has anyone else used the Pep Boys bucket? Or is the how it is supposed to fit?

Re: Grit Guard

I believe the grit guard site actually tells you who's bucket the grit guard will fit,
    Give it a look

Comment

Originally posted by rherring16 View Post
      I bought a Grit Guard off eBay and a 5-gallon bucket from pep boys. The grit guard doesn't look like it goes all the to the bottom of the bucket and if it does only the edges touch very lightly. Has anyone else used the Pep Boys bucket? Or is the how it is supposed to fit?
      Return your Pep Boys buckets and buy a pair from Home Depot. Not only will you save $2 per bucket, the Grit Guards will fit the Homer buckets perfectly

Comment

Thats fine that it doesn't go all the way to the bottom. Some people actually stack two Grit Guards to get the wash mitt even further away from the bottom of the bucket. So you're getting the benefit without the extra cost.

Colin
        A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

I use my Grit Guard with Pep Boys buckets, no problem.
          2011 Ford Mustang GT Cali Special
          2012 Kia Sorento EX

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies. Just to give everyone an idea it is close to the bottom, I measured the top of the grit guard from the bottom by looking at the outside of the bucket and it is about 3.5" away

Comment

Yes, some buckets taper toward the bottom.

Comment

The grit guard seems to fit the Home Depot bucket almost perfectly. You can get a snap on lid too. The only downside is that it is orange. I like a more translucent bucket so you can judge water level.

I just tried stacking two grit guards in the rinse bucket and use no grit guard in the soap bucket as demo'ed by Mike Phillips. I can get by with 2 gallons of mixed soap using a two bucket method and have plenty of clean soap to spare. If I use a grit guard, it will block access to 1 gallon of soap or water and I do not really see a need for a grit guard in the soap bucket if using the two bucket system.
                Al
                ~ Providing biased opinions

Comment

The grit guards also fit the buckets from Advance Auto parts perfectly.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                    The grit guards also fit the buckets from Advance Auto parts perfectly.
                    They must have changed buckets or, I was sold some old ones at Advance. My NEW Grit Guards do not fit. The buckets taper.
                    Rob A.
                    '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
                    '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

I use two different colored buckets..one from HD and one I just had (white)...that way I don't get too confused on which is rinse and which is wash..it gets confusing after a few rounds

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');