• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another microfiber question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another microfiber question

With normal use and proper care and cleaning what is the useful life expectancy of a quality microfiber towel (i.e. Meguiars, Viking,etc.)? Reason I ask is I've accumulated many and wanted to know at what point should they be retired or demoted to tasks other than polishing/waxing/detailing? Also, is it alright to wash them along with applicators or should they be washed seperately due to the accumulated products (wax/polish/etc.) in the applicators? This may explain why some of my MFs aren't performing as well as they should.
    Last edited by Mongoose; Mar 6, 2010, 03:07 PM. Reason: poster can't spell half the time!

Re: Another microfiber question

It would depend on the quality of manufacture. Cheap towels that are priced at less than $1 per towel will likely wear out quicker than something like an X2020 Supreme Shine.

All things being equal, you can check for wear on the towels to see if the microfibers are starting to thin, or lay flat after washing, or if separations start to appear in the fabric.

Comment

I find that as long as you rejuvenate them with vinegar periodically. They last a very long time. I have a bunch of them that are going on 4 years old. still work perfectly.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Could you give details on the use of vinegar? First time I've heard of using this. Also, what detergent are some of you using?

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');