• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odds are some of ya wrench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odds are some of ya wrench

I think i've made it clear early and often I am not to savy with anything more than changing spark plugs, tires, and brakes (Disc that is). My truck is, lets say way over due for an oil change. It a 2007 with 70k on the clock, and I bought it spanking new haha. I spoke with a buddy about flushing out the oil, he said 2 quarts oil and 2 quarts tranny, new oil filter, and to let it run idle for 5 mins, flush and fill her up. Does that sound safe? I have a couple hunderd saved for fixing my truck up, and can't afford some of these rates. So Id bought the Hanes manual or what ever it is, im eager to do some tune ups, and advice for the newb here. Thanks much
    "Every moment frontin and maxin
    Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
    "

Re: Odds are some of ya wrench

Are you saying you have 70K with no oil change?
    Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

HAhAHA no no no no. No more like 3k over
      "Every moment frontin and maxin
      Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
      "

Comment

I wouldn't advise listening to your buddy, sorry. Buy 6 quarts of good oil, and a filter. Find out how much oil your truck takes WITH a filter because you will fill the filter up with most likely .5-1 quart of oil.

Loosen the drain plug, drain it out into a container, drain plug back on to german spec (gutentight, dont have to put the hurt on it).

Remove old oil filter, and then spin new filter that will have the new oil in it and spin it on to German spec.

Then fill the engine up to the specified amount in your manual or sticker under the hood.

Easy as that .
        My automotive related blog! http://hereishowiviewthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

There are several "engine flush" treatments available at your local parts store, which will help clean out the gunk and free sticky lifters / valves. But, you may not need them, 3k is not way over due.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');