• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safe to use for anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe to use for anyone?

I am 18 years old and started caring intensely for my car this summer (2008 Red Mini CooperS). I have been trying to remove the swirls by hand but this paint is hard as a rock and does not respond well to a lot of fingertip pressure. I used Swirlx 3 times, followed by UC 3 times, all using a foam applicator and there were still these swirls glaring at me.

I have been wanting to invest in a G110V2 for about a month now and I know that it is safe but my mom wants further proof before I take it to the car. Could you guys please just give a quick response saying that the machine is safe (in the hands of someone who knows the basics on how to use it) so I can finally buy one?

I also plan on starting a small detailing business in the summer therefore a machine would prove useful. Thanks in advance!!!!

BTW, its amazing how much I have learned in the limited time I have been a member of MOL. In a few months, I now know all of the basics needed to properly detail a car.
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Re: Safe to use for anyone?

Hopefully, you will read this video description BEFORE (or at least after), watching this video. Notice the date of this video (September 6, 2009). I kno lon...

I hope this will help out. The Porter Cable 7424 is the equivalent of the Meguiars g110v2. I just bought the g110v2, and have used it on my 1964 Bel Air as you see on my avitar. I can say that it really is an awsome product. Best of luck, what ever is decided, in the end respect your Mom.
    Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

Thanks. And I do resepct my mom which is why I have been doing endless research for the past month on the G110V2. Thanks again.
      Tedrow's Detailing
      845-642-1698

Comment

I have even shown her that video but she still will not allow me to get the G110V2 because it was not the one featured in the video. Thanks.
        Tedrow's Detailing
        845-642-1698

Comment

Originally posted by coopers23 View Post
          I have even shown her that video but she still will not allow me to get the G110V2 because it was not the one featured in the video. Thanks.
          It's the style of buffer that matters in terms of being "safe."

The one in the video is the same style as the G110v2. The style - dual-action - is safe because the buffer rotates in varying patterns to avoid creating holograms like a rotary buffer could create.

It also has a SAFETY clutch that will cut power if too much pressure is applied.

The only buffer that would be "safer" is an orbital, but they are only good for applying and removing wax for the most part. The G110v2 is a perfect blend of safety and efficiency.

Comment

Thanks Mark!
            Tedrow's Detailing
            845-642-1698

Comment

Dear Mom,

The g110 is very safe to use on paint. They use to call it "bubba proof". I was skeptical at first when I first purchased a machine 4 years ago. However, combining the ease of use. The help that is readily available here. They are a very safe machine.

Seriously, they are a very safe and easy to use machine.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Everyone has said it already...

It is safe unless you throw it at your car!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

BTW Fast forward to 2:48 of that youtube video hahah!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                  Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Hey there,
                    I was in that same spot you were in this past fall. My dad thought what I was talking about was a rotary and he knew from his younger years how dangerous they can be. I showed him that same video and he knew what we were dealing with here was a different machine, a safe machine. He used it and he loves it and glad I paid for it. You could always get the one in the video if that's the only way you can get one, or perhaps a member could make a video using the G110v2 to show her it's the same thing.
                    -Kyle

Comment

Take it from a newbie machine polisher like me - you're not going to hurt a thing. I've been working on polishing my car for about the past week (yes, I said a week). I tell you what - that car has never looked that good in the almost 5 years I've had it. You won't go wrong with the G110v2. And tell your mom that you can't hurt anything, because it is absolutely positively 100% true. Unless you throw it at the car.

Shane
                      1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');