• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove pen ink stain HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove pen ink stain HELP

I was using my carpet extractor cleaning seats and i hit a pen ink stain and i thought it was gone but when i woke up today to my amzement the stain has grown huge i dont know what to do but im just sweating bullets any advice other than hairspray or will that work?

TRY SOME SOLVET CALL ACRYSOL, TRY IT ON AN INCONSPICUOUS? PLACE FIRST TO MAKE SURE IT WON'T CHANGE THE COLOR OR THE SEAT

Comment

Where do you get it ive never heard of it or seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepZJlover
        Where do you get it ive never heard of it or seen it.
        Hey,

Try calling your local professional janitorial supply stores. Or, professional carpet cleaners. My brother owns a carpet cleaning business and has access to chemicals that can remove darn near anything!!

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
          Hey,

Try calling your local professional janitorial supply stores. Or, professional carpet cleaners. My brother owns a carpet cleaning business and has access to chemicals that can remove darn near anything!!

Tim
          Asking a professional sounds like very good advice!
          FRANK CANNA
          Mirror Finish Detailing
          23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Im not asking the pros becuase i cant afford pros thats why I do it.

Comment

Hey,

I did not suggest that you hire a professional to do it. I suggested that you call one of the supply stores to see what chemical they suggest you use.

Tim

Comment

Nvrmnd to all if i was a moderator this thread would be closed the hairspray got it out.

Comment

Hey,

Glad to hear that you removed the ink.

I think this thread is valuable to others that may end up in the same situation. Did you by chance get pictures? What type of hairspray did you use? Was there discoloration of the material from the hairspray?

Tim

Comment

no i dont have pictures right now. Its not 100% perfect but much bettter than it was. Ill get pictures tommorow, when its lighter out. There was no color change but the seats fabric is stiff in that spot i dont want to use water on it because im afraid itll come back. And i used tresseme hair spray i started out with sauve but it wasnt strong enough.

Comment

Great to hear it is better. You might carefully use a small amount of Heavy Duty Carpet & Interior Cleaner, just lightly damp on a cloth, to get rid of the stiff/sticky residue.

Just an idea...
                      Lynn Matthews

Comment

quite frankly its a repo vehicle from a bank and the floormats are trashed and for an 02 it has alot of rust.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');