• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awesome New Purchase "Werner 225-Pound Capacity Work Platform" at Home Depot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Awesome New Purchase "Werner 225-Pound Capacity Work Platform" at Home Depot

Originally posted by Marcki View Post
    LOL!

Thanks, Jonnyboy, because I have been wanting to post the question how you do the top of vans, trucks, suvs, etc. May I ask how tall this is? I'm about 5' 5".

I think it's almost 30" tall....

Comment

Re: Awesome New Purchase "Werner 225-Pound Capacity Work Platform" at Home Depot

I was finally able to pick one up on sale for $19 at Home Depot. When I got it home, I was surprised what high quality it is. It is very stable and sturdy. It would have been worth the full price.

Comment

The Werner platform was the first thing I bought after I bought a truck a few years ago. Wouldn't even think about trying to wash or detail my truck or wife's SUV without one. Has a lot of uses around the house too. Best $4 (plus $25 Lowe's gift card) I ever spent.

Comment

I too have one, purchased about ten years ago. It is indeed a great product. Two caveats 1. don't forget it isn't as long as your truck . . . it is possible to step off the end (don't ask how I know these things ) 2. it is pretty stable just don't reach too far as it will tip over. Over the years it has been used on three Suburbans and it makes the job easier and lessens the strain on the back. I also cut a sheet of old plywood to put on top when I use it as a workbench. A couple of sheetmetal screws hold the top in place nicely. It works great for that too. No caveats for the workbench part.

Comment

Bought mine a few years ago. Love it. Only have a hard time getting to the center of the roof on Hummers. Other than that, I use it pretty much every day, whether using it to get to high spots or as a work bench for products and such.

Comment

I finally bought one of these benches. Home Depot's was out of stock when they had it on sale. So I missed out on the $19.00 sale. Home Depot's regular price is $39.99 . This week Lowes has it on sale for $29.99. After buying it I realize their "sale" price is their regular price. Well worth the the money, a very sturdy piece.
              "What's the first rule when entering a man's car?"

"Respect a man's car, a man respects you."
              Transporter 2

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');