• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought some wax applicator pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought some wax applicator pads

Should i wash them before use? Or should they be okay to use out of the package?

Re: Just bought some wax applicator pads

The Smooth foam ones I will use if clean.

If they are MF, and in an open package, may want to hand wash a little at least.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Steveo47 View Post
      Should i was them before use? Or should they be okay to use out of the package?
      Usually i just use them without washing them, i just tap them a little bit to remove any light dust they may have accumulated, but if they are microfiber applicator pads i wash them first let them sit over night to dry then use them.
      Ryan's Auto Detailing, S.A
      Mobile Auto Detailing Company.
      Dominican Republic.

Passion for Detailing, do it with love.

Comment

Same as above. If microfiber I wash but if foam I use out of the package.
        Tedrow's Detailing
        845-642-1698
        Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

+3 Microfiber wash. Other you can use straight out of the package.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

It's been couple months and I have been wondering the same things recently. I've gotten some answers and if you'd like more clarity, I'll share what I've heard:

First, like everyone says, always try the least aggressive method and move up from there.

Least to most aggressive materials: foam, microfiber, terry cotton.

For pure-polishing or noncleaner-waxing, you could get away with using any of the above; but, I would always stick with foam pads for applying because on these steps your are not doing any corrections so you just want to leave the smoothest/nicest finish + you'll probably waste less product because the foam doesn't aborb it as much.

For paint cleaning, on the other hand, there may be times you need to get more aggressive because your first method may not be doing the trick. Even so, I would still work with foam first and move up in aggressiveness from there.

You could even take half steps in aggressiveness. For example, when using a particular paint cleaner & applicator, applying more pressure or more speed will take it up another notch. Also, working a smaller area at a time could do more.

Also, from what I have read, another half step would be to go up a small step in product before going up a step in material. All things being equal, staying with a foam and moving up from say swirlX to scratchX may be less aggressive than going from foam to a mf or terry. Hope this helps and if somebody else feels I'm a little off let us know because I am in the same boat.
            2010 Subaru Forester 2.5x Prem - Obsidian Black
            2006 Lexus is250 AWD - Tungsten Pearl

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');