• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-spring spring cleanup! 2006 Opel Astra and 2005 Porsche Cayenne PICTURE HEAVY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-spring spring cleanup! 2006 Opel Astra and 2005 Porsche Cayenne PICTURE HEAVY

Ok, so I finally got some nice weather to do both cars! Unfortunately, no before pics of the Porsche - only afters. I also don't have any photos of the clay after doing the Porsche. She was "recently detailed" before I bought her in California to have her shipped back to Germany (backwards, huh?!) and was on an uncovered ship for 8 weeks

Anyway! I got her all shined up and so here's some after photos (ignore my ugly mug - I had just woke up!):

Used DC paint cleaner with a DA - bad idea because it was so runny and watery that it was drying up before I could do any work with it. One of the other MOL'ers set me straight with that this morning. I won't be doing that again! NXT2.0 wax after the polish. Looks smooth if you ask me! Here's another full-body after:

And my ugly mug doing reflections in the passenger door. There are still a bunch of very minor swirls which I'll take care of with either SwirlX or UC later on when it really warms up but I got a lot of them out from the snow brushes. Whoever owned this Porsche before me used a lot of touch-up paint!

Ignore the hair-do

No sun pics cause it was sprinkling this morning. Maybe I'll do another coat of NXT2.0 today, but I'm wore out after the Astra! Here's some pics of her:

BEFORE: There are many etchings and sap spots on this car. We drove it to Hungary 2 years ago and parked it under a tree. Of course I didn't bother learning how to get it off, but here we are. There is a TON of heavy overspray on the roof and passenger side from when the car's bumper was replaced last year. I bought the red Detailer's Clay to use it for that because it was just laughing at the blue stuff, but I was too scared to use it today. I just didn't have the time for all the correction I wanted to do. But I did use the blue stuff again and got some of it off. UC on the entire car for this one. It's never been polished before today. And this whip looks REALLY cool when it's clean. BTW, NXT2.0 is so slick, my MF towels were sliding off the hood when I set them there to clean the windows!!! Unbelievably cool. Anyway, on with the pics.

You get the idea. Some of the blemishes:

The etching I was talking about.

There was also a nasty scratch on the driver's side door and rear quarterpanel I got out with ScratchX and a helluva lotta PASSION!

Afters:

Well, that's it! Any tips, questions, or suggestions just let me know! Thanks for looking and sorry for so many photos! I know I like looking at others' photos, so I hope you guys don't min. Later!
    Composers shouldn't think too much, it interferes with their plagiarism. -- Howard Dietz

Re: Pre-spring spring cleanup! 2006 Opel Astra and 2005 Porsche Cayenne PICTURE HEAVY

nice.... great work
    Ganesa,
    Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Re: Pre-spring spring cleanup! 2006 Opel Astra and 2005 Porsche Cayenne PICTURE HEAVY

Thanks! That was fast - I just finished posting this one! Cheers
      Composers shouldn't think too much, it interferes with their plagiarism. -- Howard Dietz

Comment

Both vehicles look great. Way to go.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
          Both vehicles look great. Way to go.
          Thank you!

Comment

Black reflections look great!! Nice job!
            There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Comment

Thanks a lot! I still have a lot of spots that need some touch-up paint on the hood - especially the Astra. It's really satisfying to have the car look so clean, though! It didn't look that nice when it was new!
              The neighbors think I'm insane after cleaning both of those cars - they must think I don't even have a real job! Thanks for looking.

Comment

is it hard to ship from state to Europe?
                please PM me...
                Ich möchte auch ein Auto von USA kaufen, weil ich jetzt im Österreich wohne.

please PM me for the answer!!
                thanks

Comment

No problem - just sent you a PM.

Kein Problem - hab gerade ein PM geschickt :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');