• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Wash Water Dispersion Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Wash Water Dispersion Drive

After I wash and dry the vehicle I like to go for a short drive around the block. I find this gets trapped water off the car, especially in the mirrors, so that I can do a final dry wipe to avoid water spots later.

Re: After Wash Water Dispersion Drive

If I can, I use compressed air.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Wet tires will also attract dirt/sand and fling it up all over the lower panels in and around the wells. I use a leaf blower with good results, and walmart has one for under $30 that works perfect.

Comment

I tend to try other methods, then driving around the block. But , if iy works for you, that is all that matters.

I would probably get more dirt slung on the rocker panels then the remaining water gone. lol.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

This works well for me: Eliminating post-wash water streaking from mirrors and door handles

Comment

I have used my air compressor for years and have been happy with the results when drying my car. However, I just bought a Metro Vac Blaster Sidekick and am much happier. That little thing blows a lot of warmed air and really gets the water out of my door jambs, lights, mirrors and wheels.

Comment

I also drive around the block.
              2011 Ford Mustang GT Cali Special
              2012 Kia Sorento EX

Comment

Originally posted by imacarnut View Post
                Wet tires will also attract dirt/sand and fling it up all over the lower panels in and around the wells. I use a leaf blower with good results, and walmart has one for under $30 that works perfect.

X2 leaf blower works a whole lot better and it keeps the road dust off the car after washing.

Comment

I use blower mode of my vacuum cleaner or compressed air. Works great!

Comment

Originally posted by imacarnut View Post

Same method for me. Use it around the mirrors/taillights/headlights/tires etc.
                    I got so mad at a girl who was texting while she was driving,that I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her

Comment

I have been using a leaf blower for a while now. When I do, not only does the car seemingly look brighter (maybe my imagination), it seems the wax tends to last longer.

I think I found justification for that in the thread below. This guy did a fantastic study on waxing, layering, and buffing the wax and found that buffing can really decrease the amount of residual wax (from about 20 nm down to 5 nm). So IMHO, I think the less that touches the paint surface (dry things, not soapy sponges) the better!
                      That being said, I still feel a little dorky standing there with my leaf blower!

Post #44; layering 1
                      Post #45; contact angle
                      Post #50; Effects of buffering (This is the one of real interest with drying)
                      -Scott

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');