• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Generation car wash help. (new member)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Generation car wash help. (new member)

Hello, I am new to the forum, and I have a question about the NXT Generation car-wash.

It seems like every time I follow the instructions on the back, that say 4 capfuls to a gallon, and I add exactly one gallon of water, it seems like the solution created does not have enough soap. It does not cut through the dirt etc. on the car, so I add about 2 capfuls more, and suddenly, it works fine. I would imagine that if that if this was the proper amount, it would say so on the bottle. Any help?

Here's what I use:

Thanks in advance.
    2002 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 (my modded baby)
    Others: 2003.5 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi SLT Sport, 2000 Lincoln Town Car, 1995 Mercedes-Benz E320 (W124), 1962 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia, 1931 Ford Model A Commercial Pickup

Re: NXT Generation car wash help. (new member)

The general rule of thumb is: 1 ounce of Meguiar's car wash products, per gallon of water.

So maybe you were not getting full cap fulls to make the 1 ounce. Then by adding extra you got over the 1 ounce mix.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

I have exactly the same problem. But we have hard water here in Thailand. Might it be possible that you live in the area where hard water is the norm?

Comment

What exactly constitues "hard water"? I'm in the suburbs of CA so I wouldnt think that would be an issue.
        2002 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 (my modded baby)
        Others: 2003.5 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi SLT Sport, 2000 Lincoln Town Car, 1995 Mercedes-Benz E320 (W124), 1962 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia, 1931 Ford Model A Commercial Pickup

Comment

I'd try a proper measuring cup. One ounce per gallon of a 4 gallon bucket means about 16 capfulls.

Dont worry about how much suds you see, if done right, there wont be a lot.

How to Wash Your Car Show Car Style
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');