• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drying Towels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drying Towels

Now that summer is coming, I need to stock up on some stuff and get ready for the nice weather.

My girlfriend decides to use my washing mit to wash the kitchen floor over the weekend.. so I figured while I am placing a order.. to make it count so I will be getting a new mit.. I needed a new one anyway.. What would you guys use for bugs? since that is coming around the corner!

Which drying towel do you guys like the best.

I have used the water magnet and it worked ok but how does the California drying towel or super suede drying cloth work.. Do they do a better job?

2002 Yellow Chevy Monte Carlo SS
    My Albums: http://s394.photobucket.com/albums/pp24/Johnson0667/

Re: Drying Towels

I like using the "absorber" then following up with the water magnet. I also like to use a second water magnet just for drying the glass.

As for wash mitt, I like the microfiber mitt from Meguiar's.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

I am also a fan of the Absorber and then using microbers to mop up the small amount of remaining water.

I have only used a lambswool wash mit as I just find them so soft and plush. This helps to bring thr dirt away from the paint and into the mitt.

For bugs......I have used the correct dilution of dish soap in a spray bottle but I have learned since that DISH SOAP IS NOT GOOD TO USE ANYWHERE ON PAINT. I have not had any real problems with bugs where I am so have not tried any bug and tar removers. The "least agressive methid," if you will, would be to soak the bugs in an undiluted car soap or even correctly diluted car soap and see if that loosens them. Remembr, DO NOT SCRUB THE BUGS on that section of paint as you are only asking for swirls galore. Instead, wipe and inspect. If the bugs are still there then try something like a bug and tar remover.
      Tedrow's Detailing
      845-642-1698
      Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

I tend to get some paper towels, and tear off little strips, and hose the car down, then put the strips over bugs. Just soaking them under a wet towel helps with mild cases, and saves the wax.

Can soak the paper towel with Bug and Tar Remover for worse cases. But the B&T will remove wax of course.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I've tried the Water Magnet and the California Drying Towel. I like the CDT more than the WM. The trick with those it seems is to prime them with a couple of sprays of a QD. However, I've bought two of the large, blue MF drying towels from Wal-Mart and have been loving them. They are very soft, and seem to pick up and hold water much easier IMO. One of those and some Last Touch and I'm set to dry an entire full size vehicle quicker than with the waffle weave towels. I haven't had to stop yet and wring one out like I usually have to do several times with the waffle weave towels so they won't streak.

Comment

If Meguiar's had a wash PAD rather than a MITT, I'd probably use it. I don't like the method of putting my hand inside, and using the MITT like a sponge leaves that rough cuff flopping around.

I just got a Cobra "Bone" wash sponge and it's my favorite so far. It's like a sponge covered in Cobra microfiber. I'm not a fan of the Cobra towels due to their linting, but as a wash mitt, this doesn't matter.
            2010 Camaro SS RS (black), "OBSSEST"

Comment

I have tried just about every towel offered, and nothing does the job like the water magnet. I have two, and for washing I use the meg's mit.
              My automotive related blog! http://hereishowiviewthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

I love my Cobra Guzzlers. Incredibly absorbent - picks up water like nobody's business. Have converted from the Absorber.
                Shane
                1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');