• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Meguiar's foam pad with Ultimate Compound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Meguiar's foam pad with Ultimate Compound?

Hi,

Im looking at the following Meguiar's foam pad's to apply the Ultimate Compound with my polisher and/or by hand aswell. I have lite swirls and some fairly bad scratch spots, otherwise my paint is very good.

Meguiars W0004, W8204, and the W8006 foam pad's.

Which do you recommend for a polisher, and which do you recommend for doing it by hand?

Greatly appreciate any feeback.

Re: Best Meguiar's foam pad with Ultimate Compound?

By hand I would use W0004.

By machine you can use either of thise pads or you can use a W8207 polishing pad. The cutting pad is not recmommended by Meguiars to be used with their G110V2 or similar polisher but people have still had great results. I am looking through Meguiars pads and can not find a W8204 pad. There is a W8000, W8006 and a W8207 but no W8204. Which pad is this supposed to be?
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Re: Best Meguiar's foam pad with Ultimate Compound?

Originally posted by coopers23 View Post
      By hand I would use W0004.

By machine you can use either of thise pads or you can use a W8207 polishing pad. The cutting pad is not recmommended by Meguiars to be used with their G110V2 or similar polisher but people have still had great results. I am looking through Meguiars pads and can not find a W8204 pad. There is a W8000, W8006 and a W8207 but no W8204. Which pad is this supposed to be?

Hey Coopers23,

Oh ok great thanks for that information.

Well I found the W8204 Soft Buff Foam Polishing Pad from an authorized Dealer on eBay. They also sell a wide variety of Meguiar's products.

Just one last side question, can i use a 7inch polishing pad on a 5inch polisher via Velcro (Hook & Loop)?

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');