• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paintless dent removal by warm weather!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paintless dent removal by warm weather!

So, during the winter, I found a dent about 4" X 4" on the right corner of the fender of my dads Honda Pilot. I pointed it out to him and of course I got the grumbling assocaited with paying for it be fixed. Anyway, like I said, it happened uring the winter, when the tempeature was about 10-20 degress Farenheit and last week, the temperatures were in the high 60s and low 70s. My dad comes home one day and 'poof' no more dent. Not even a trace that it existed. I guess the plastic expanded ever so slightly from the raise in temperature and the dent popped out!

Thought it might be interesting. Next time you get a dent, just take a drive to New Mexico and maybe the dent will pop out. lol
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Re: Paintless dent removal by warm weather!

I heard that if you heat the metal with a heat gun and immediately apply dry ice that will pop out most hail damage dents.
    "What's the first rule when entering a man's car?"

"Respect a man's car, a man respects you."
    Transporter 2

Comment

Very Interesting!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
      Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

I have heard of the dry ice method. Not the heat gun. Great story.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by I Shine View Post
          I heard that if you heat the metal with a heat gun and immediately apply dry ice that will pop out most hail damage dents.
          Tried this on my F150 after a golf ball plus sized hailstorm, didn't work. Got to look at those hail dents for over 5 years....still miss the truck though.
          2014 Cadillac ATS4 Performance in White Diamond Tricoat. It's loaded with everything but frickin' lasers!

Comment

Another technique on a hot day is to invert canned air over the dent and allow the compressed liquid to drip into the dent. As the liquid quickly boils off it will raise the dent. You may have to repeat a few times to get the dent to pop out. If the sides of the dent have creased the sheet metal you will not get as clean a repair but will often still improve the looks.

Comment

You guys are geniuses!
              Composers shouldn't think too much, it interferes with their plagiarism. -- Howard Dietz

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');