• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailing a car with rock chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing a car with rock chips

I've got a cousin with an E36 BMW that I'm going to detail for him. It's got a lot of rock chips on the hood and front bumper. When I go to removing all the swirl marks, will the polishing process make the rock chips more noticable or will it help decrease their appearance??
    www.reflectionsautodetailing.biz

Re: Detailing a car with rock chips

Rock chips are rock chips... they won't look any better. I'd not think removing swirls would make them look any worse. I have chip on one of my vehicles and they look exactly the after detailing.

Comment

Sometimes when a car has had the chips filled a compounding may remove the paint in the chips leaving a white speck. If thats the case you will (or the customer will have to) re-repair the chips. Here in Alberta rock chips are a way of life so I see alot of them. Not much else you can do. If your lucky the chips that have been filled(if any have) will stay filled.
      Professional Automotive Reconditioning Services
      "You scuff it-I buff it!"

Comment

I agree with the big buffer. The concerns to me are. Once waxed or compounded over. Will you effectively "filled" the chips with the wax, or compound? If so, are you going to remove the filled area of the excess product?

Secondly, are you going to be filling the chips with touch up paint?
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');