• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations for a steam cleaner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for a steam cleaner?

I'm looking at getting a steam cleaner, nothing too fancy because my budget right now won't allow for it. I'm leaning towards the Little Green Machine, but are there any others?

I want it to cleaner carpets mainly, but would also use it on leather surfaces, etc.
    www.reflectionsautodetailing.biz

Re: Recommendations for a steam cleaner?

I use the Little Geen Machine. It works great. I would recommend it to anyone.

Comment

Try Costco or Harbor Freight Tools, both offer a steam cleaning machine priced between $59.95 and $89.95. The one at Costco is a Wagner (59.95) and the one at HFT is a McCullough (89.95) coupon available for 20% off in Classic Trucks magazine, private labeled by the same mfg in China.

McCullough steam cleaner pictured below...

David M. Sylican
      Innovative Detailing
      Headlight Lens Restoral
      Detailing Caddy
      Join us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by LelandGray View Post
        I'm looking at getting a steam cleaner, nothing too fancy because my budget right now won't allow for it. I'm leaning towards the Little Green Machine, but are there any others?

I want it to cleaner carpets mainly, but would also use it on leather surfaces, etc.
        The little green machine is not a steam cleaner. It has a water reservoir and a brush head that sprays water, then vacuums up the water.
        There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Comment

Originally posted by kimchiyuk View Post
          The little green machine is not a steam cleaner. It has a water reservoir and a brush head that sprays water, then vacuums up the water.
          So it just uses a hot water spray to help clean, and then it vacuums it up?

Comment

I have always heard with steam cleaners you dont want ever want to cheap out on one. Quite a few well respected detailers use and love the VX5000 steamer.
            Alan T.

Comment

Originally posted by LelandGray View Post
              So it just uses a hot water spray to help clean, and then it vacuums it up?
              Yes. They actually work quite well. Very different than a steam cleaner though. If you just have general cleaning and light stains, the little green machine may be all you need. If you do nasty interiors or high volume, a steam cleaner would be the way to go. Most good models are quite pricey though, much more than most want to spend for "weekend fun".
              There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Comment

The "hotness" of the water is dependant on what you put in there. It tends to cool off early. I have never had an opportunity to boil the water or use it from a instant HOT water tap but that would be cool but I bet it would damage the resevior.

You will need 2 machines. I have the Little Green Machine and I like it a lot but I do see a need for HOT steam that leaves little water.

Comment

I was leaning towards the LGM, but it's not really a 'steam cleaner'... and all I'd be using it for is extraction after I scrub the carpeting with hot water and APC+. I already have a nice Rigid shop vac, so I think for now I'll just buy the Rigid car accessory kit that comes with some pretty nifty tools and use that. Then I'll save up some more money and buy and actual 'steam cleaner'.

Thanks for everyones input!

Comment

Does anyone know anything about the following steam cleaners?

McCulloch MC-1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner
                    Wagner 905 1,500-Watt On-Demand Power Steamer and Cleaner
                    SteamFast SF-275 SteamMax Steam Cleaner

Thanks!

Comment

I have a Steam Shark that is very similar to the three you posted links to, and I can say that yes, they do work ok, but I find that they're not always quite effective enough to do the job better than "average" at best.

You really should just save up and buy a commercial grade steamer; I'm doing the same right now and I will be picking up something along the lines of an XV5000 to replace my steam shark.

Comment

Anybody know anything about the Mytee S-300 Tempo Spotter? Or the Mini Vapor Steam sold by Detail Plus?
                        Last edited by Markus Kleis; Apr 21, 2010, 07:43 PM. Reason: Broken link, file not uploaded

Comment

Hi SATracker, welcome to MOL!

I could see that you attempted to post a picture, but I see the picture was located on your computer - it needs to be uploaded first before you can post the location.

Follow THIS link for directions on how to post a picture on MOL.

Comment

I will be receiving the SteamFast version of the MC1275 on friday... Ill let you guys know how it works out!
                            www.idetailautopros.com
                            iDetail Professional Automotive Detailing

Comment

Good luck with it. Hope it works very well for you.
                              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');