• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Class Trim Detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Class Trim Detailer

I agree that Endurance is the greatest tire dressing on the market. As for general trim dressing I highly recommend Gold Class Trim Detailer. It is a little too shiny for the interior, but works great on everything else. So many people use Armor-All on their trim, but it doesn't compare to Trim Detailer. I use it on all the moldings around the windows, as well as the seals in the doorjambs. It also works good on wiper blades.

Anyway, this is a great product that everyone should have in their detailing kit. It goes on easy, last long, smells good enough to wash your hair with (not that I do that), and it beats every other trim dressing I've used.

Slats
    -------------
    John 17:3
    -------------

Slats... You hit another great one here! I use this as well, like you said exterior only for me as well, looks awsome! With my new truck I go through quite a bit so I just ordered a bottle of #38 its suppose to be very similar and its a larger 32oz size.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I use it on all the black exterior parts of the stang-works awesome! Also good at removing wax that gets on these surfaces (along with a soft tooth brush). The only thing I noted is mine stinks (smell wise)! Did I get a "bad" bottle, or anyone else notice this? It smells kinda like sulfur-still works great, but boy did I get a shock when I first bought it! I figured it was like the other Meg's products (smell good enought to eat-well, almost, lol)-so I took a big ole wiff when I opened the bottle. Yikes!

Comment

electricgreen,
        It's probably not you'r bottle....most seem to love the smell of # 40 and I think the smell is a little off, it's just to great of a product to really say much about how it smells, ya know.
        2019 GMC Sierra
        1500 AT4

Comment

I use the Gold Class Trim Detailer as well. I really like the way it makes the showdow line trim on my BMW look.

The only problem is it's difficult to get off paint. How do you guys apply the product.

Comment

Gold Class Trim Detailer

I use a 100% cotton towel to apply the trim detailer. I love this product. It is great on the plastic bumpers of my 4runner and Tundra.

Comment

I put a small amount on the corner of a towel and wipe it on...

Comment

I use a foam applicator pad.
                2019 GMC Sierra
                1500 AT4

Comment

I have tried using the product with a cotton towel and with a applicator pad. but I always seem to get some on the paint the shadow line trim is a piece of black trim in the middle of the body that goes the whole way around the car.

How do you guys get it off the paint

Comment

Originally posted by rpickett
                    How do you guys apply the product.
                    I acutally went to the pharmacy and picked up a bag of about 30 make up sponges for 3 bucks. I use those to apply it and they work great.

My wife thought I was going crazy when I asked her where I could get them.

Comment

Man...what a great idea Bri9801. That's creative thinking! I just told my GF and she thought it was great. (She'll be seeing those disappear soon!)
                      Username "FLAWLESS" on every other forum, but was taken already on here.
                      Flawless Auto Detailing - "Expect Perfection"

Comment

Originally posted by Bri9801
                        I actually went to the pharmacy and picked up a bag of about 30 make up sponges for 3 bucks. I use those to apply it and they work great.

My wife thought I was going crazy when I asked her where I could get them.
                        Can you post a picture of those make-up sponges?

I usually have extra polishing towels laying around that I use for cutting out small pieces. When applying products like Trim Detailer to trim, I usually cut out a 1.5" by 1.5" square and use it. (Could be smaller, or larger, point being I cut out a little square piece of material).

If I get any onto the paint, I use microfiber, (Ultimate Wipe), and wipe slowly and softly.

Sometimes I cut up a foam applicator pad and use that.

Mike
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

If I get any onto the paint, I use microfiber, (Ultimate Wipe), and wipe slowly and softly.
                          I too, noticed that a microfiber towel will remove any Trim Detailer off the painted surface.

Sometimes, I like to use the Q-tip like applicators that I received from Meguiars...I'll have to check into the sponges though.
                          r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                            Can you post a picture of those make-up sponges?
                            Here you go.....

The package

A close up of one of the sponges.

They really work good, especially for the trim around the windows.

Comment

Ah, to answer the reply about it smelling bad -- I think it just your bottle, man. Is your a little watery? I have an old bottle that is watery and smells kinda bad, while my newer bottles are a cream and smell a lot better.

Also, someone mentioned using it on BMW shadowline trim -- doesn't that streak? I'm not a beemer owner, but I thought that the trim is just black paint which seems like it wouldn't work too well. Could you post some before after pics?

Slats
                              -------------
                              John 17:3
                              -------------

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');