• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue with NXT wash...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with NXT wash...

Whenever I use my NXT wash, I always have to put way more than the reccomended amount in the bucket so that its not like just putting water on the car when I wash it. There's almost no suds and it seems ineffective at the reccomended amount.

But now that I'm just about out, I was thinking of finding a wash that has more suds. I saw something at Pepboys I think by Meguiars but I cant remember the name. I think it said extreme suds or something like that.

Also, I just read in another thread that putting the wash in the bucket then using a hose to add water was a "receipe for swirls." Then hell, how am I supposed to get soapy water? How embarressing. This is like car washing 101. I didnt think one could do it wrong.
    2015 Toyota Corolla S Plus in Barcelona Red Metallic

Re: Issue with NXT wash...

Remember that you actually dont need lots of suds to clean a car, all you need is the lubricity of the carwash, the cleaning action and the Paint conditioners. Hyper wash from the detailers line produces a lot of suds if thats what your looking for.

Ive never heard of adding water with the hose is a Receipe for Swirls. :S
    Ryan's Auto Detailing, S.A
    Mobile Auto Detailing Company.
    Dominican Republic.

Passion for Detailing, do it with love.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_Bihun89 View Post
      Remember that you actually dont need lots of suds to clean a car, all you need is the lubricity of the carwash, the cleaning action and the Paint conditioners. Hyper wash from the detailers line produces a lot of suds if thats what your looking for.

Ive never heard of adding water with the hose is a Receipe for Swirls. :S

I hadn't heard of it either. I dunno.

And with the suds, I guess its just my preference.
      2015 Toyota Corolla S Plus in Barcelona Red Metallic

Comment

I think the comment on a recipe for swirls was a bit of an exaggeration, but it can happen. Basically, with some of the washes that really suds up, sometimes people get all suds, and no water. If you are paying attention, you can get plenty of water in there, and no big deal.

As far as wanting suds, Deep Crystal is pretty sudsy, I imagine Super Soap may be also, and the Ultimate Wash and Wax is pretty sudsy. But yeah, wouldn't be my main criteria. If I were to try another soap, I'd go Gold Class, it really is top notch, though may not have the amount of suds either.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

From the otc. You can not go wrong with Gold Class.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Having visible suds doesn't determine the lubricity of the wash solution, but many people equate lots of bubbles to being better.

In fact, Mike Phillips - former Meguiar's instructor - made a video to explain that adding the soap into the water after filling the bucket is perfectly fine, then just mix it around.

That said, if you want more bubbles, give Gold Class a try. You can also shoot the water into the bucket with more force to create bubbles.

Comment

I have found NXT car wash to have excellent cleaning power at the recommended dilution--so much so that I do not use it as my regular wash solution. I have no reason to believe that NXT compromises the wax protection, yet I have wondered. Gold Class seems to be a tad gentler. Maybe it's just my imagination. Has anyone else wondered about this?

On the other hand, I use NXT regularly to wash my wheels. With NXT I find I usually do not need to use a dedicated wheel cleansing product. I slather it on the wheels, agitate with a brush, and dirt and brake dust rinse right off.

NXT car wash leaves a fresh, clean surface.

I do not worry about suds. I always add the wash liquid to the bucket after I have filled it with water. Suds don't clean. Suds don't lubricate.
              Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
              --Al Kimel

Comment

Yeah, Gold Class seems gentler... I imagine that does make it better for the wax.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Agent 99 View Post
                  And with the suds, I guess its just my preference.
                  Suds are meaningless. They give a false visual impression that the detergent is working.

Cleaning ability and lubricity are not determined by suds. You can get a high sudsing shampoo that has minimal cleaning and lubricity.

One of my faves is Autoglym Body Shampoo that has rubbish suds but cleans like no other and lubes like engine oil. It's all in the chemistry, not suds.
                  Paul Marmarinos
                  Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                  "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');