• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard Water Stains and Spotting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Water Stains and Spotting

I just bought a 2006 Ridgeline that has hard water stains/deposits from the car being parked too close to sprinklers. I got most if it off the paint via washing with Megiars car wash but wanted to make sure I had the right information prior to proceeding.

I think I have the right information on how to remove the water spots on the glass but there is significant water spotting or stains on the seams in the rear quarter panel. How do I remove this without damaging the paint?

Once I remove, I will wash again, clay, polish and then wax.

Re: Hard Water Stains and Spotting

Originally posted by malageno View Post
    I just bought a 2006 Ridgeline that has hard water stains/deposits from the car being parked too close to sprinklers. I got most if it off the paint via washing with Megiars car wash but wanted to make sure I had the right information prior to proceeding.

I think I have the right information on how to remove the water spots on the glass but there is significant water spotting or stains on the seams in the rear quarter panel. How do I remove this without damaging the paint?

Once I remove, I will wash again, clay, polish and then wax.
    Since you already mencioned you clayed and that didnt remover those water spots.

Try to get them off with some scratchX 2.0, that has worked for me.

let me know how it went
    Ryan's Auto Detailing, S.A
    Mobile Auto Detailing Company.
    Dominican Republic.

Passion for Detailing, do it with love.

Comment

or you could try using detailer line, dual action cleaner and polish, then Hi-tech yellow wax.

Comment

M83 Dual Action cleaner polish is in the Mirror Glaze line, not the Detailer Line.

I would recommend starting out with Swirlx though and seeing how that works. If this does not help then move up to UC. Remember to do a test spot!
        Tedrow's Detailing
        845-642-1698
        Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

What you would want to do is wash, clay, then use a swirl removal type of product. Which you need would depend on bad the etchings are, but SwirlX and Ultimate Compound pretty much cover all the bases. Try SwirlX first since it is milder. Then polish and wax after.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by coopers23 View Post
            M83 Dual Action cleaner polish is in the Mirror Glaze line, not the Detailer Line.

I would recommend starting out with Swirlx though and seeing how that works. If this does not help then move up to UC. Remember to do a test spot!
            sorry my bad.

Comment

As is mentioned in many threads here, start with the least agressive product you have (SwirlX is probably a good start.) If that doesn't work, just keep getting more aggressive until you find the product that gets the scratches out. The paint on my wife's ex-Jetta was extremely hard, so SwirlX and even M83 couldn't get all the water spots (etching) off. So, I ended up using M105 to get them off. But my Yukon on needs M80 or sometimes M83 to get the water spots off.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');