• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Meguiar's Even Coat Applicator to apply NXT Spray Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Meguiar's Even Coat Applicator to apply NXT Spray Wax

Using Meguiar's Even Coat Applicator to apply NXT Spray Wax

With the introduction of the new high quality tools in Meguiar's new Accessory line, the question recently came up,

"How well will the new Even Coat Applicator work to apply Meguiar's Spray Waxes?"

Since I have a couple of prototype applicator pads in my possession, as well as some samples of Meguiar's new Supreme Shine Microfiber polishing cloths, I thought I would wash the Pilot and test out the new applicators for applying a spray wax and the new microfibers for removing the dried spray wax.

First, I washed the Pilot using NXT Car Wash and a Lambs Wool Wash Mitt. To document how long it took me from start to finish, I turned on the Time Stamp feature on my Sony Mavica FD97 Digital Camera.

Even Coat Applicator
    NXT Generation Spray Wax
    Supreme Shine Microfiber

It was getting late and another question that recently was asked was,

"Does temperature affect application and removal?"

So I plan on paying close attention to the ease or difficulty of application and removal as well as document the temperature and humidity.

Here's a screen shot of the temperature and humidity available online as supplied by www.weather.com for Apple Valley, CA at the time I started.

Even Coat Applicator Pads - Prototypes
    These new applicator pads use a high quality microfiber sewn over a soft foam pad inside. The size of this pad makes it easy to hold in your hand while applying a variety of liquid products.

Even Coat Applicator Pad and NXT Spray Wax

Applying NXT Spray Wax directly to one side of the Even Coat Applicator Pad

After dampening one side of the Even Coat Applicator pad with NXT Spray Wax, I began to apply a thin, even coat to the Pilot's finish.

I found the new Even Coat Microfiber Applicator Pad to apply and spread a nice, even coating of the NXT Spray Wax. It's important when applying any wax whether it's a paste wax, a liquid wax, or a spray wax to apply a thin, even coating. Excess wax on the surface merely wastes product and makes removal more difficult.

Just to note, I did apply wax to the roof also.

After I applied wax to all of the exterior paint, I stopped and took this photo for the time stamp. It took me less than 20 minutes to apply a thin even coating of NXT Spray Wax to the entire finish including chrome and plastic headlight covers and taillights.

I let the wax dry for approximately 10-12 minutes before removing it. This is how long it took before it began to haze. This is much longer than it usually takes in warmer weather. So temperature does affect drying time. I did not notice any increased difficulty in removing this wax at this temperature.

To remove the dried wax, I used Meguiar's brand new Supreme Shine Microfiber polishing cloth. These new microfiber polishing cloths are incredibly soft and plush to the touch. They are larger than Meguiar's Ultimate Wipe,

And thicker than the Ultimate Wipe. Meguiar's Ultimate Wipe premium quality microfibers are still excellent microfiber polishing cloths, but now you have another option for your personal preference.

Unique Quality Features

· Incredibly plush microfiber produces amazing mirror-like shine on all finishes.
    · Thick, deep, dual-sided microfiber pile absorbs three times more than traditional terry towels for amazing results.
    · Safety edging eliminates the possibility of scratching.
    · Pre-washed for maximum absorbency.
    · Clear coat safe

Part Number: X2010
    Suggested Retail Price $3.99

Here's shot of the Pilot right after I finished making my last wipe to remove the wax. I used one Supreme Shine Microfiber polishing cloth for the entire finish and it took me approximately 15 minutes to remove the wax. I did notice it was a little harder to remove then it is in warmer temperatures.

It was getting pretty dark and the 2.1 Mega-pixel Sony doesn't do well in low light. Here's some after shots with the Sony.

I lightened the best one to give a better view.

Now I've switched over to the Cannon Digital Rebel and pulled the Pilot out to an area where what's left of the sun is still shining. It's approximately 8 minutes after 6:00pm

My opinion: the new Even Coat Applicators work great for applying a spray wax.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

I really love the even coat applicator. The last detail day, I went over the car with NXT liquid wax. The even coat applicator is so much better then the small foam pads. Fingers don't cramp. Application is much quicker!

I give it a big.
    SRT-10 Silver

Comment

Thanks for the great review! You already answered the questions I was going to ask.

I hope Meguiars will have some special promotions when all these accessories become available.

RamAirV1
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Hey Mike,

You missed a spot! Just kidding! The Pilot looks great!!! That applicator looks really cool and functional. My hands do tend to get sore sometimes when polishing. Perhaps, this applicator will help eliminate some of that strain! COOL!!!

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Looks great, will forum members be allowed to order next week?
          This way we can get free shipping along with one of the promotions?
          wjfm1
          2003 G35 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by wjfm1
            Looks great, will forum members be allowed to order next week?
            This way we can get free shipping along with one of the promotions?
            That's a good question, I'll see what I can find out.

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks Mike!
              wjfm1
              2003 G35 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by wjfm1
                Looks great, will forum members be allowed to order next week? This way we can get free shipping along with one of the promotions?

At this time, we're hoping to be able to take online orders starting in mid to late February.

There will definitely be some forum promotions for members of Meguiar's Online.

Mike
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Even coat applicators are great. I look forward to trying one of the new Meguiars ones. I have been using a different brand for years and they really make quick waxing fast and easy. I was shocked the first time I used one. It took me a third of the time of a standard applicator and since it applied the wax so thin and evenly, there were no "over waxed" spots. I wish I would have tried one out on the "demo day". Can't wait till they become available.
                  Thanks for the demo Mike.

Comment

Somebody... Speak Spanish???

thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nech
                      Somebody... Speak Spanish???

thanks!!!

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Sé que este hilo de rosca es viejo, pero esta herramienta (pescado de Babel) puede poder ayudarle. Usted puede convertir al español, o viceversa de inglés.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr
                        http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Sé que este hilo de rosca es viejo, pero esta herramienta (pescado de Babel) puede poder ayudarle. Usted puede convertir al español, o viceversa de inglés.
                        "I know that this thread of spiral is old, but this tool (fished of Babel) can be able to help him. You can turn the Spanish, or vice versa of English."

That is a VERY helpful tool. Is it accurate?
                        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

hi, i;m new here.

i bought NXT spray wax last week, but until now, i'm still dunno how to use it.

for the whether like 27c/28c, how long should i wait to let it to be haze?

and izzit just apply it after the car was being washed and dry?

thx for technicaly support

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');