• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailing Engine,How often?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing Engine,How often?

How often do you squirt down and detail engine. I only do it about once every 2 months as I feel like squirting water on the engine is a little like playing russian roulette.

Re: Detailing Engine,How often?

I usually wipe down the exposed hoses and other exposed engine bay stuff with ONR whenever I give my cars an ONR rinse. This keeps the engine bay looking pretty good.

I did a a regular engine bay cleaning on my S2000 about a year ago. It doesn't really need another regular cleaning at the moment. The CRV was purchased new in May 2009. It doesn't need a regular cleaning either. But I may go ahead and do a full engine detail on both of them later this spring, if I can get up the nerve.
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Comment

Re: Detailing Engine,How often?

I detail once a year. However the car is only used 6 months per year, so that helps a bit.

Excited to see how my new HD and super degreaser will perform and ease my work. So far the engine bay have been done all manual - no spray.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');