• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking For Business Card Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For Business Card Feedback

My brother does graphic design for a living, so he's been helping me come up with a logo and business card. This is what we have so far. I love the back, but I'm not completely sold on the front yet. I don't know how well my gold car flows with the colors of my logo. What do you all think?

Front:

Back:

Re: Looking For Business Card Feedback

My first impression was, where is the rest of the car? I think it might be better to show the whole car even if it has to be smaller.

And yes, maybe colors that coordinate with gold in the logo but I'm not an expert as to which colors, some shade of yellow, silver?

And some may disagree but I think you should have a web page with packages and pricing rather than have them call and email you. Put it this way, If a company doesn't have a web page, I probably won't call them. Web hosting is dirt cheap right now and easy to use. It isn't like it was 5 years ago.

People like me want to be nonintrusive, to be able to check you out without making direct contact with you.

Comment

I think it looks good..but i don't think your gold car fits in their with the colours IMO

Comment

I like the back as well, but I think the front looks terrible. I personally have a 1980 Camaro RS, so I like the car, but as previously mentioned, it doesn't go with the rest of the color scheme. Is your target market old classics, or newer cars. Think about this when making your vehicle selection.

-Meguiar's has an 's, it's not Meguiars it's Meguiar's.
        -"For" should not be capitalized in your last line.
        -I think you should try to be consistent with the colors in you company logo.

Sorry for being so critical.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandit Bill View Post
          Sorry for being so critical.
          No worries! Constructive criticism like yours is what I'm after here!

I will have a website soon. I'm just getting started, and I wish I had the site up and running so I could put the URL on my card, but it's going to have to wait until the next batch of cards is printed.

Comment

I think you might want to consider another email address. The one you have now doesn't tie in with your business. It also gives away your age, or at least people might assume that you are 20 years old (that was my first impression, although I realize that the 1980 probably refers to your model year Camaro). Another minus is that you could lose a few foreign car clients who might assume that you specialize only in American cars. It's a subconscious thing, but we're all susceptible to it.

I would suggest changing up your email to something as obvious as gordonautodetailing@ or gordonad@. One more recommendation: Stay away from free email addresses like yahoo or hotmail. If you have an ISP, use their email (i.e. cox.net, att.net, etc). Maybe even your web host can provide you with an email address.

Comment

I would also change the car, and make sure it is a higher res. pictures that you take so it does not come out pixelated on your cards, like this one here is.

In my honest opinion, I would take the car out completely. It's just going to be so small on that card, but I do like where you're going with it.

The other point it. Set up a Yahoo account with your company email address (like GordonAutoDetailing@yahoo.com). Looks more professional.

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
                I think you might want to consider another email address. The one you have now doesn't tie in with your business. It also gives away your age, or at least people might assume that you are 20 years old (that was my first impression, although I realize that the 1980 probably refers to your model year Camaro).
                BTW, there should be no reservations regarding the age of a detailer. Some of our finest detailing members on MOL are under the age of 21. But just in general, folks have a tendency to equate age with experience, and even ability.

Comment

Also think about printing. The back may look nice on the computer but when printed may come out alot different. Just remember K.I.S

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
                    BTW, there should be no reservations regarding the age of a detailer. Some of our finest detailing members on MOL are under the age of 21. But just in general, folks have a tendency to equate age with experience, and even ability.
                    Just reallized that 1980 would be 30 years. Age (mine) is clobbering me today. I was thinking 1990.

Nevermind

Comment

Originally posted by Krzemienr View Post
                      Set up a Yahoo account with your company email address (like GordonAutoDetailing@yahoo.com).
                      Great idea there! I think I may do that. How do I change my screen name here to the name of my business? Mike Phillips' thread on branding yourself got me thinking about that.

I'm also thinking I'm going to take the car off. Maybe just have my logo and contact info on the front, and going with the back pretty much as is, except for a couple of corrections that were pointed out.

Thanks a ton for all of the feedback so far. If anyone else has any suggestions, by all means let them fly!

Comment

If you are starting out working from your own house, i.e., not mobile yet, then you might want to give an idea of your location and the locations you want to serve. If you are offering pickup, you may not want to have to drive 50 miles with all the time and gas that would take.

Comment

One other thing, if you do get web hosting, which only costs a few dollars a month, once you sign up with the company (I use ipage, but you can google for best hosting sites) you can set up email accounts right away, before you even have a home page. That would look the most impressive as far as your email address is concerned, yourname@yourcompanyname.com. Then you can expand with the web page as you go and add it to your card later. (you can also have the mail forwarded to your regular account. I don't know how that works when you reply to it, though).

Comment

I also like the back of your card. However the front just does not do it for me. I think you should ditch your Z. Also maybe get a dedicated e-mail address just for the business.
                            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                              I also like the back of your card. However the front just does not do it for me. I think you should ditch your Z. Also maybe get a dedicated e-mail address just for the business.

Done, and done! Consider the car ditched, at least on my card! I also signed up for a Yahoo account with the business name.

Any ideas on a background? Right now, all I have is the logo and the info. I found some other water bead pics that I might be able to use for a background. The beads are on silver paint. I thought that color would allow my logo to stand out. Maybe the beads would be too much of a good thing if I had them front and back?

Another option is just a plain white background, but I'd like to have more color than that to help it stand out more.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');