New D/A and disappointed
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New D/A and disappointed

Registered Member

New D/A and disappointed

I just got my first D/a Polisher last weekend. I have been wanted one for a while, and last weekend at the local good guys car show, Mequiars had a large Semi selling lot of their products. I went and looked at the display they had of the D/A. So i decided to buy my first D/A.

I didn't do enough research before buying it. but seeing it in person i went ahead and got their $199 Special which had the D/A with other products. I got the polisher in a big box we opened it and looked at it, at the booth before paying for it. I did noticed that it did not come in a bag, but in a hard case. (i Did not open the case) I saw that it came in a bag in their Meguiar's book they were giving away at the booth. I asked them about the bag, if they had it. They told me that they were out, but the one in front of me was the exact same thing, except in a case. I didn't think about it, so i went ahead and payed for it, took it home. Didn't open it until tonight and after looking around, looked like they sold me the old one!!, not the new style. I wish they would have told me that they were selling me the old one, I would have waited and just gotten the new one, online, with the nice bag too. I was told it was the same one as the one in the book, except in a case not a bag, I figured since i was buying directly from Meguair's that it had to be the new style. Before that I knew that there was a V2 out, but didn't know what the difference was.

I can't help but to feel a bit disappointed in them for letting me believe this. I know that it was probably my fault for not being well informed and for making assumptions. I have always used Meguiars products and will continue to use them. But i kinda feel bad now that i don't have the latest and the greatest like i thought....

Re: New D/A and disappointed

Well my brother, too bad to hear something like that. But you have a G110 theres not a greater difference between them (as ive heard of, cuz i dont own one) Maybe they werent directly from meguiars but some kids they payed to stand there and sell things.

Dont be dissapointed, there are a lot of Works you can do with a G110

Think Possitive.
    Ryan's Auto Detailing, S.A
    Mobile Auto Detailing Company.
    Dominican Republic.

Passion for Detailing, do it with love.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Bihun89 View Post
    Well my brother, too bad to hear something like that. But you have a G110 theres not a greater difference between them (as ive heard of, cuz i dont own one) Maybe they werent directly from meguiars but some kids they payed to stand there and sell things.

Dont be dissapointed, there are a lot of Works you can do with a G110

Think Possitive.
    Yeah kinda *****. I believe it was directly from them, as it was the Mequiars huge semi, with the car crazy crew in Black Mequiars shirts. It was at the Good Guys Nationals, which there were an official sponsor of...

Quote Originally Posted by dieselracer View Post
    Yeah kinda *****. I believe it was directly from them, as it was the Mequiars huge semi, with the car crazy crew in Black Mequiars shirts. It was at the Good Guys Nationals, which there were an official sponsor of...
    Yeah now i get it hahaha.. well then in that case it does kinda s*** but still gotta love the meguis products.

Their the best products in the market.
    Ryan's Auto Detailing, S.A
    Mobile Auto Detailing Company.
    Dominican Republic.

Passion for Detailing, do it with love.

You haven't used it so give customer service a call and see if they can swap.

Swirls+Surly=Swurly ClearlyCoated's Avatar

I think somebody made a huge mistake. Please call Meguiars customer care Saturday morning. I can't imagine they would have sold you the old version at that price. I bought my G110 at the Del Mar Nationals last year, and I paid the same price. The price they charged you is on par for a new G110v2, and that's what you should have received.

1-800-347-5700
    Hours: M-F 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Pacific)
    Saturday 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Pacific)

I think it was a mistake also. Give Customer care a call. Explain your situation. See what they can do.

I have the the original G110. Don't despair, it still is a quality machine. But, I understand your disappointment. You thought you were getting version 2.

Let us know what if anything customer care does for you.
    quality creates its own demand

Registered Member

why not keep the old one? as i understood it it has a LIFETIME warranty .... so IMO if i am right i would just use it till it failed and then send it in for the replacement model when it broke

Swirls+Surly=Swurly ClearlyCoated's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fredcandetail View Post
    why not keep the old one? as i understood it it has a LIFETIME warranty .... so IMO if i am right i would just use it till it failed and then send it in for the replacement model when it broke
    The G100 had the lifetime warranty, but that has not been produced or sold in years. The OP was given a G110v1, which has a one year warranty. The G110v2 is noticeably more powerful than the G100 and G110v1, has an electronic sesnor that prevents the DA from bogging down, and has access ports to replace the brushes which will extend the life of the machine for the buyer once the warranty runs out. Plus, for the same price the G110v1 sold for last year, it comes with the w68DA backing plate - perfect for use with Soft Buf 2.0 (7") pads

That blows.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information