• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Basics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Basics

I have been detailing my own vehicles for years and have just recently considered starting a business of my own. I want to focus the business on cleaning boats instead of cars and I am just starting my research. Are the boats that are being cleaned for customers usually cleaned at the marina and if so will the marina allow you to use their water source to hose the boats down?? Any basic tips for someone just getting started??

Re: The Basics

Originally posted by O-Diddy View Post
    I have been detailing my own vehicles for years and have just recently considered starting a business of my own. I want to focus the business on cleaning boats instead of cars and I am just starting my research. Are the boats that are being cleaned for customers usually cleaned at the marina and if so will the marina allow you to use their water source to hose the boats down?? Any basic tips for someone just getting started??

Yes, most boats are cleaned at the marina that the boat is stored. All Marinas have different requirements such as service fees, for instance I have to pay 25 bucks per man per day at one of the marinas around me. I turn around and charge that to the client! Never had a problem with that either... Also you will most likely need liability coverage of 1 million/2million supplied by you! Reputable marinas will make this a MUST!!! Just do it! Most bigger marinas have electricity and water available for each boat or accesible with like a 100' hose and 100' extension cord...

Get the right product (MEGS marine and RV line up is the best for sure), get the basic supplies needed (ie. brushes, rags, microfiber towels, applicator pads, etc.) and ladder(s) step and also at least a six ft one...

Do a great job and referrals will come!!!

Do all of the right steps in the beginning and go for it!

Best of luck!!!

Phil
    Stellar Marine Detailing

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');